The poor groups are characterized with poverty and without property, with little opportunity to explore the possibility of expanding their income as well as education opportunity. This population increasingly lives in poverty, a situation that has been associated with high birthrate. (Romanoff, Steven, 28)
Study reveals that the increasing population of the El Salvador is as a result or poverty rather than the later being the course of the former. (Romanoff, Steven, 30) The largest share of the population in El Salvador is employed in the Agricultural sector work in the plantation. This presents another question of what could be the structure of the population and what is the evolution it has obtained overtime? What are the functions that have perpetuated poverty among those who live in the rural, and what are the consequences of the increase in the rate of population growth.
There is a high level of poverty in rural as well as in urban among the people of El Salvador. (Romanoff, Steven, 32) This has been contributed to the fact that there is a high level of unequal distribution of land. (Maxwell, Daniel G., John W. Parker, and Heather C. Stobaugh, 69) Land is a key factor of production in El Salvador and lack or possession of it has a bearing in determination of the poverty gap. In a study conducted on the family income in El Salvador, it was revealed that 10% of those who received their income among the wealthiest obtained more wealth than the remaining 90% put together. While those who could be classified as top 1% obtained more income than that of the 50% of the poorest in the society. The wealthy families at 5.2% and were having more than 10 hectares of land were controlling overwhelming 73%. (Maxwell, Daniel G., John W. Parker, and Heather C. Stobaugh, 69)
A different study conducted in 1992 revealed that 72% of the rural