Unit Plan for English learners
The main goal of this subject is to teach student to learn how to become responsible people for their country and to know how to make important decisions that pertains to the development of the country. …
Be able to deal with political issue and to understand how to protect oneself from any political issue The learner should be able to get some English concepts while learning social studies in class Introduce the use of computers in the teaching of social studies Unit objectives By the end of this course the learner should be able to
1. Identify the different types of politics in a given country and to give different countries in the world that use different forms of politics.
2. Identify the different methodologies that can be used to collect data relating to politics and how this can be improved.
3. Identify the different people in the world who have contributed positively and those who have contributed negatively to politics in the world
4. Be able to identify the different themes in journals that they get in class and to explain how each relate with the different politics and how it can be changed
5.Provide a good summary of the things that is learnt in class and how to implement it
6.Be able to present a well written essay about the political scene of the country in good grammar with no grammatical error.
7.Be able to differentiate the different types of citizenship and the roles of international boundaries to the development of the economy of the people in the world as a whole....
7. Be able to differentiate the different types of citizenship and the roles of international boundaries to the development of the economy of the people in the world as a whole. Fitting the unit to the goals of the subject The main goal of this subject is to teach student to learn how to become responsible people for their country and to know how to make important decisions that pertains to the development of the country. The subject also has the goal of making the learner know how his actions as an individual can affect the whole republic. Apart from the political sides, the learner is also supposed to learn some Basic English concepts. Writing is one of the English concepts that the learner is supposed to grasp from the experience of this writing. Apart from the writing skills the learner should also be able to equip themselves with necessary skills in research work such as the methodology that is to be used in a particular field of study. All these are fulfilled by the study of this unit. First the objectives of the study ensures that the learner fully understand the political responsibility that he has to fulfill to the nation and what his role to the politics of a nation is. The unit also entails some small research that involves use of different methodologies to find out more about the research thesis. By this the unit is able to achieve one of its major goals which are to enhance the learner to be able to identify the different methodologies that are used in a particular subject. Writing skills is also a goal that is achieved as the learner is able to get some writing skills from the unit. Student characteristics Most of the learners in this class have English as their first language ...
Cite this document
(“Unit Plan for English learners Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2250 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/education/3283-unit-plan-for-english-learners
(Unit Plan for English Learners Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2250 Words)
“Unit Plan for English Learners Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2250 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/education/3283-unit-plan-for-english-learners.
Studying English is for various reasons that include preparation for English proficiency in examinations, international travels and for career development. Although many English students consider going to school as sufficient enough for learning the language, other strategies should also be used as examined in this paper.
It not only helps students understand the concepts but also helps them communicate with each other properly. There are some advantages and disadvantages of teaching students in their primary languages. Let us discuss those advantages and disadvantages in detail.
This paper seeks to discuss the reasons why English language is not as important to speakers of English as a second language. Although English is the most widely spoken language in United States and other regions, the rest of the population that speaks English as a second language still belong to the global community.
Online learning is a modern concept brought about by the invention and the subsequent use of the internet. Currently, students can peruse courses in universities in different countries through electronic learning. Among the reasons that contribute to the growth of online learning are the use of the internet and its ability to overcome the geographical barriers, as a result of the internet people do not have to travel to classes since they can access the same from the convenience of their homes.
The cultural capital of children may or may not be congruent within the beliefs of institutional settings, such as school, that have evolved their own sense of cultural capital (Baker, 2001). According to this account, bilinguals' lack of success in schools can be attributed to the discrepancy between children's socio-cultural range and cultural capital and that expected by schools.
Standards: Let the student speak. On this phase of the lesson, it is directly encouraged that the student be the focus of the conversation. As the observation is to be made upon her capabilities of using the English language into effective utilization for practical conversations, it is expected that the teacher assist her with the use of inquiring questions about the student and nothing more than that.
This is due to the fact that a child learns his first language throughout his childhood, and it gets very difficult for him to indulge in second language learning and into a different culture after attaining a
The article defines ESL learning; identifies ESL students; pinpoints the various roles of the ESL teachers in identifying, assessing the English language competence of ESL learners and prioritizing their need for English learning support, and finally gives directives for the enrolment of ESL learners at schools.
As the discussion declares despite the consistent, albeit futile, efforts of educational systems, especially in urban setting, we are unable to provide high quality of education to an increasing number of English Learners. We are mistaken when we assume that what works well for the majority of students will work with the English Language Learners.
Thus, teachers use different ways to help the students and to influence their success in learning the English Language (Curtin, 2009). Thus, in this paper I will analyze the different strategies used by Mr. O’Malley and the action plan
4 Pages(1000 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Unit Plan for English learners for FREE!