Be able to deal with political issue and to understand how to protect oneself from any political issue The learner should be able to get some English concepts while learning social studies in class Introduce the use of computers in the teaching of social studies Unit objectives By the end of this course the learner should be able to
1. Identify the different types of politics in a given country and to give different countries in the world that use different forms of politics.
2. Identify the different methodologies that can be used to collect data relating to politics and how this can be improved.
3. Identify the different people in the world who have contributed positively and those who have contributed negatively to politics in the world
4. Be able to identify the different themes in journals that they get in class and to explain how each relate with the different politics and how it can be changed
5.Provide a good summary of the things that is learnt in class and how to implement it
6.Be able to present a well written essay about the political scene of the country in good grammar with no grammatical error.
7.Be able to differentiate the different types of citizenship and the roles of international boundaries to the development of the economy of the people in the world as a whole....
7. Be able to differentiate the different types of citizenship and the roles of international boundaries to the development of the economy of the people in the world as a whole. Fitting the unit to the goals of the subject The main goal of this subject is to teach student to learn how to become responsible people for their country and to know how to make important decisions that pertains to the development of the country. The subject also has the goal of making the learner know how his actions as an individual can affect the whole republic. Apart from the political sides, the learner is also supposed to learn some Basic English concepts. Writing is one of the English concepts that the learner is supposed to grasp from the experience of this writing. Apart from the writing skills the learner should also be able to equip themselves with necessary skills in research work such as the methodology that is to be used in a particular field of study. All these are fulfilled by the study of this unit. First the objectives of the study ensures that the learner fully understand the political responsibility that he has to fulfill to the nation and what his role to the politics of a nation is. The unit also entails some small research that involves use of different methodologies to find out more about the research thesis. By this the unit is able to achieve one of its major goals which are to enhance the learner to be able to identify the different methodologies that are used in a particular subject. Writing skills is also a goal that is achieved as the learner is able to get some writing skills from the unit. Student characteristics Most of the learners in this class have English as their first language