Gilman Perkins condemned the rest cure claiming that it facilitated harmful treatment of women by male physicians. The narrator had a nervous breakdown when she was taken there by her uncaring husband, John (Gilman 23).
2. Gilman blames John, the narrator for the…
3. Yes, John is the villain in the story. She is against the empowerment and wellbeing of his wife. There other people falling in this category, but he emerges the epitome and fits the description of villain in the story. This is because, the narrator is his own wife and any reader would expect him to treat her in the right and humane manner contrary to what he does.
4. The color of the wallpaper is yellow. Yellow is next brightest and most visible color after white. On the paper are sub-patterns of desperate women. The patterns are clear to the narrator. The paper is a representation of medicine, family, as well as tradition which the narrator has found herself entangled in. The color shows that the oppressive practices of men are clear to the eyes of the victims, women.
5. (Q9). The roles of women in the story are facilitation and enhancement of themes such as love, death, and enabler. The author, O’Brien, uses the existing love between Lt. Jimmy Cross and Martha to show the trend between the separation created during the war and the soldiers. The relationship between the two was not that hopped for in the first place. Cross is obsessed with Martha and this leads to the death of Ted Lavender. Similarly soldier’s love and patriotism for their country makes them kill opponents. Kathleen, O’ Brien’s daughter acts as the enabler for untrue stories he writes. Linda acts as a symbol that the dead can be immortalized (O’Brien 18).
6. (Q11) War is a representation or metaphor of human life. People like Perish because of love. The soldiers fight and some of them die because of their love for their people. There are also loneliness and isolation in the story. O’Brien affirms that loneliness in Vietnam is destructive forces like any other type of ammunition.
7. (Q12) If the US instituted the law today, I will definitely go and serve my country in Vietnam. There are challenges as revealed in the book by Tim challenges ...
Cite this document
(“Answer some questions to some short stories Essay”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/english/526926-answer-some-questions-to-some-short-stories
(Answer Some Questions to Some Short Stories Essay)
“Answer Some Questions to Some Short Stories Essay”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/english/526926-answer-some-questions-to-some-short-stories.
Granny D was arrested for reading the Declaration of Independence in the Capital. She was being peaceful, but the police said it was a demonstration. I think that Granny D should not have been arrested. I think the Congressmen, Capital Police, and Clinton should have been arrested.
While making casual conversations, I also slipped in some questions on what the learner felt were her learning needs. When the learner would open up about these learning needs, I then asked her some other questions in relation to these needs. Q-1b. Comment on whether this was a reliable and valid assessment; explain reasons for your answer.
Socrates, the second party, responds to Meno’s suggestions with different opinions. In the case of Meno, he put forward that distinct kinds of virtue just exists for different race of people. Socrates opinion is that, Meno’s definition would probably be seen as a swarm of bees, with each bee representing each kind of virtue but his interest revolves around the quality they all share.
It was also the first play to be written in the first folio of his collected books. Unlike the other plays he has written with many pages, the Tempest is very simple because it has only nine scenes. The Tempest tells of a story of a usurped duke and the ship wreck he arranges in order to avenge (Shakespeare 2).
When the learner would open up about these learning needs, I then asked her some other questions in relation to these needs.
I feel like this is a reliable and valid assessment because it was an assessment carried
andings and difficulties faced by the Electrowide Inc representative team in China for closing a joint venture deal between the two companies for producing and distributing vehicles mainly in China.
Chinese have a high context culture, which is that they are found to be more
rier”, “Onion Days”, “The Right to Grief”), while in many other poems (like “Chicago”, “Halsted Street Car”, “Graceland”, “Skyscraper”) the author sees people as almost mechanic entity deprived of individual space, spirit, and human rights: “And when
In this early source of cultural information, it was evident that every society and mind wholly presented a preoccupation notion with lived culture. Williams insists that culture is ordinary because of the universality nature of culture and cultural practices
Similarly, the access control facilitates the defense in network layers by assigning users to various roles in order to grant permissions to access different functions. In this way, the auditing ensures that a system
2 Pages(500 words)Assignment
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Answer some questions to some short stories for FREE!