Why poverty was re-discovered in Britain in the late 1950s and early 1960
...1950s and early 1960s. (T. F. Marshall, "The Role of the Social Services" in Political Quarterly, vol. 40, N°1, Jan-March 1969)
List of References:
1. Ian Gazeley, Poverty in Britain, 1900-1965, Palgrave Macmillan (2003)
2. T. F. Marshall, "The Role of the Social Services" in Political Quarterly, vol. 40, N°1, Jan-March 1969
3. Edward Palmer Thompson, The Making of the English Working Class (1963), Vintage (February 12, 1966)
4. Steadman-Jones, G. (1971), Outcast London, Oxford, Oxford University Press
5. Treble, J. H., (1979) Urban Poverty in Britain, Batsford, London... As Britain’s economy slowly grew during the post-war period, so public spending as a percentage of GNP rose, to reach approximately...