Law: Traditional Intermediate Sanctions vs Acceptable Alternatives
, Download 1
...Alternatives It is a common misconception today that our prisons are housing dangerous and violent offenders. According to recent data (Beck & Harrison, 2001), violent offenders make up about 48 percent of prisoners in state jails. These criminals are serving time for such crimes as murder, assault and robbery. The remaining other half, which is around 52 percent, are primarily property, drug and public order offenders. Vandalism, trespassing, possession and sale of stolen property, larceny, motor vehicle theft, and burglary are common property offenses. Public order crimes include drunken driving, escape... ?Donna Purcell Order#545846 12 June Law: Traditional Intermediate Sanctions vs.Acceptable...