coroporate finance Research Paper example
Undergraduate
Research Paper
Finance & Accounting
Pages 6 (1506 words)
Download 0
Introduction The objective of public companies is to generate profits in order to maximize shareholders wealth. The use of financial analysis can help managers, accountants, or investors evaluate the financial performance of companies. One of the best sources of information to find data regarding the financials of a firm is the annual report…

Introduction

Ratio analysis uses data from the financial statements to develop financial formulas that calculate ratios. The purpose of this paper is to utilize ratio analysis to analyze the financial performance of Qatar Telecom Q.S.C. and Vodafone Qatar Q.S.C. during the last two years. Company profile Qatar Telecom Qatar Telecom is the leading telecommunications company in the small Persian Gulf country of Qatar. The company’s landline business operates in a monopoly market since the firm is the only company that provides that service. Some of the services that the company provides to its customers include landlines, wireless communication, internet, and cable television. The firm is a multinational corporation that operates in 17 countries. The majority ownership of the company is held by the government of Qatar who owns 55% of the firm. The remaining 45% is owned by private investors who openly trade their stocks in the Qatar Exchange. Company profile Vodafone Qatar Vodafone is a multinational corporation in the telecommunication industry that operates in over 30 countries. The firm was founded in 1985. The company has over 403 million customers around the world. The firm has used strategic alliances and partnerships to expand its reach. Its global network of partners is composed of 50 companies. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Finance
Although, it is practically not possible to control some forces that operate outside a business, such as availability of the capital and the world economic conditions, management need to inspire and guide internal operations in helping ensure a secure competitive position within the marketplace. Moreover, both innovation and adaptability are essential in helping gain market share, and stay…
Finance
The debt financing includes bonds, leasing, borrowings from bank and mortgages and is universally seen as the easiest and cheapest way of financing activities. It also carries a tax-deductible benefit that is an attractive source in investing activities as interest payments will be expensed out (Narayanan, 2009). It also carried a risk of debt payments and leverage which could result in decrease…
finance
standard deviation. GARCH model is used in mathematical finance for evaluating derivative securities. GARCH model works on the assumption that underlying volatility is consistent throughout the life of the derivative and do not respond in the changes of its price (Chance & Brooks, 2009. Ans-1) Six Series Co integrate In order to complete the same, we have to recognize and consider below mentioned…
Finance
investment in diversified portfolio like equity, bond, preference share, different securities etc in domestic as well as international stock market. A number of companies are attached with this investment process where the finance managers and the fund managers of the investment companies are responsible for the whole process of investment by taking into consideration the associated risk factor…
Finance
To conduct this purpose commercial banks tend to lend money to private individuals as well as organizations so these individuals and organizations can use this money to make further investments and conduct expenses. Another purpose of such banks is to accept deposits made by individuals and organizations (Viney, 2009, p.50). Commercial banks even conduct several secondary functions which include:…
Finance
The capital structures of the companies were affected strongly since the availability of debt capital financing as well as equity capital financing declined considerably. Under influence of the financial crunch firms reduced security issuance and financial institutions reduced issuance of loans by a large extent (Fosberg, 2012). Among many consequences, the major consequence faced by the firms was…
finance
Sainsburys is second in terms of market share, ASDA is third and Morrisons is fourth (with 11.8), according to Reuters Finance. But when we look into market share increase over the past two years we find that Tesco’s profit margin in 2011 was 8.47% and decreased to 8.15% in 2012 perhaps reflecting the overall decline in retail profits due to the weakened economy. It is important to note though…