The Image of Women in News Research Paper example
College
Research Paper
Journalism & Communication
Pages 6 (1506 words)
Download 0
The Image of Women in News Student Name: Instructor name: Unit Name Date Introduction- Question A The role of women and their history in newspaper and media includes a consideration of women’s representation in the media. Women are represented in several ways in Newspaper, for example, they are represented as successful business persons, prostitutes, musicians or celebrities, and journalists among other professions…

Introduction

There are many existing newspapers and studies that portray women and how such portrays perceive or shape them in public in addition to practices and newspapers. This paper seeks to explain the image of women in media, most specifically in Los Angeles Times, Nov 29, 2011 5.40 PST.Retrieved from: http://www.latimes.com/. It is important to audit and review the representation of women in newspaper, as there is still hope of women being represented and encouraged to enter into the business field, and not only to advertisements and show off their bodies like what the media had portrayed them as earlier on. Question B In Los Angeles Times, Nov 29, 2011, The number of women who appears in new picture in four sections is; News( the front section) is 4,in Sports 3,Business, 4, In lifestyle (Calendar, Arts, Home)11.The number of men in news photo is 14, while the total number of people in news photos is 36. Question C Both men and women play a large role in new stories. Rakow and Kranich article Pg 1, reveals that 21 percent in news media are women, while the remaining 79% are women. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

The Image of Women in Magazines and the Media and the Social
The effect of the representation of women in media through both photojournalism and fashion photography acts as a catalyst to emotional responses which have helped to frame the way in which women see themselves as members of Western culture. The issues of body image, self, and identity are often manipulated by the media as women grow from childhood through adolescence. The influences that media…
Marketing project: Reinforcing and breaking of stereotypical image of a certain category of people
It is for reasons like this that newspapers are designed around print advertising, having to have a certain ratio of advertising to white space to be filled with copy. It is another reason that certain sponsors want to be associated with certain corporate events, particularly sporting. It is a known fact that the Super Bowl commercials are the most expensive to purchase for the air time due to the…
News Literacy
Obviously, these distinct categories all set out with a different purpose, and if one is not careful, he or she will be caught in the Net of deception and fall prey to manipulative tactics that vie to gain one’s allegiance or financial support. In order to demonstrate this modern-day dilemma, three apparent news articles will be examined to see if they pass the test as being news ? or drift into…
News Analysis
For the purpose of understanding discourse and its types, a rigorous narrative analysis of news stories retrieved from the newspaper The Globe and Mail and CBC Network’s broadcast are used. The news story itself is related to Pope Benedict’s resignation that was announced on 11th February, 2013. Critical analysis of the story helped in understanding how the dominant discourses construct a…
Research on the initiative of audience in network news communication.
In this era of changing fashion trends, television plays a big role in deciding the kind of fashion in terms of clothes and accessories that will dominate the youth’s desire. Since the inception of television and films, the goal has been to influence the viewers to buy products since the filmmakers are aware of the impact moving pictures can make on viewers. This study has investigated the…
How does the image of women displayed in the Cosmopolitan affect the self-image of women in the UK?
. 5. Conclusion. REFERENCES LIST OF FIGURES Figure 1: Female Imagery in the UK Cosmopolitan Magazine. Figure 2: High Priced Celebrity Fashion Merchandise Imagery. ABSTRACT The UK Cosmopolitan provides many different images of what society considers the idealised female form: the slender, voluptuous and high fashion-conscious celebrity often depicted in many beauty-inspired media sources. Through…
Unethical Advertisements: Offensive Portrayal of Women
Advertising is one of the most important tools in the promotion channels which can be used by any organization to popularize its product. Either talk about electronic media or print media, a TV channel or a news paper, a poster or a road hoarding, advertising is still an effective medium to convey the message of the organization to the target audience. Advertising is also referred towards…