Production and Operations Management

Production and Operations Management Assignment example
Masters
Assignment
Marketing
Pages 5 (1255 words)
Download 0
Production and Operations Management Marathon Petroleum Corporation: Case Study (Name) (Tutor’s Name) (Course) (Date) Production and Operations Management Marathon Petroleum Corporation: Case Study Introduction Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is the fifth largest US refiner which engages in extensive marketing and transporting operations, and is based in Findlay, Ohio…

Introduction

Relationship between gasoline price and crude oil demand Crude oil is a naturally occurring liquid which mainly contains hydrogen and carbon. Crude oil is the major component in the production of fuel for cars, trucks, trains, boats, and airplanes. In addition, crude oil is also used for wide varieties of other purposes. The fractional distillation of gasoline produces an output known as gasoline. Gasoline is mainly used as fuel in internal combustion engines. Gasoline is traded in regional market; whereas, crude oil is the part of global market. Generally, the price of a commodity increases as demand increases (there are some exceptions to this rule) (Oxford). Since crude oil is a non-renewable energy source, its demand will not fall regardless of its price variation. Hence, when the demand for crude oil increases, its price also increases. Crude oil prices have a direct impact on the gasoline prices as crude is the major raw material used in the production of gasoline and other petroleum products. “Crude oil accounts for 55% of the price of gasoline while distribution and taxes influence the remaining 45 %” (Mazeel, 2010, pp.106-107). To illustrate, one barrel of crude oil contains 42 gallons of oil. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Operational Management Issues for Services - The dimensions of operations management
Tactical issues or factors entail methods of project management, structure and layout of plant, selection as well as replacement of equipment. The issues in operations include management of inventory, inspection and quality control, policies of equipment management (MIT Sloan School of Management, 2013). Operations management issues for services comprise various aspects that entail development of…
Executive Summary
One of the major challenges faced by Pepsi Cola International in this region is the poor infrastructure because of which too much time is taken to distribute goods throughout the region. The other challenge that Pepsi has been facing in Ukraine is about storing of goods because of lack of sufficient warehouse. Pepsi has also problems in distributing its goods in village areas of the country as…
The concepts of supply chains and distribution channels
However, initially, the concepts and practices were not clearly spelt out as it is now. Most of the activities were carried out in an ad hoc manner (Lavassani, Movahedi, & Kumar, 2009, pp. 85–98). Integration of distribution and warehousing (logistics) The concept of supply chain in the company has evolved over time. Most of the segments of supply chain were loosely interconnected. However, as…
Operations Management of BP Plc (British Petroleum)
It also transforms capital into goods and services. Operational management allows firms, and companies to come up with strategies that help companies deal with new market entrants and main competitors. Each company has a distinct way of dealing with its operations (Merz & Sauber1995). Many companies come up with distinct names for their departments. BP is a multinational company which has a…
Marketing Campaign for a Successful Product Launch
In particular, this report focuses on the four promotional tools that were used that are public relation, direct marketing, promotions and advertising. The report seeks to inform the team about the appropriateness of the selected promotional tools in bringing about a successful marketing campaign. It also demonstrates how the selected promotional tools will be fully utilized in devising a creative…
customer relationship management CRM
In this study, the key marketing principles of Primark will be evaluated. Product: - Most of the company’s merchandise of the company is manufactured by the company itself. The company specializes in menswear, childrenswear, womenswear and home-decor products. Some of the bestselling products of the company are footwear, accessories & hosiery, lingerie, and cosmetics. Most of the brands sold by…