Bupa identifies its strategic priorities as:
• The development of differentiated products and services, through the provision of health care and health care promotion to allow customers to take control of their own healthcare as a lifetime partnership (Bupa, 2011, p.1).
• Building leadership in healthcare: Focus is given to relationship management related to individuals, companies, government and health care providers to improve quality and governance of the health care system and improve affordable health care services (Bupa).
• Improving quality of healthcare expertise internationally.
Bupa has experienced significant revenue growth in the last five years, with current equity at $4.37 billion. $1.18 billion of this revenue comes from care home services sustaining resident care for elderly and those with specialized needs (bupa.com, 2010). Because of the diversity and vastness of the products and services offered, Bupa’s marketing objectives consist of:
• Improve revenue production from non-member health services to 20% by year’s end 2012.
• Improve residency volume at high-revenue-producing care home services by 20% to full capacity for bed count volume.
• Improve consumer-based awareness of the key benefits of Bupa health care services through the utilization of new positioning strategies and promotional forums by 2012.
These marketing objectives take into consideration the highest revenue-producing divisions of Bupa. ...