University of Michigan Business School, Working Paper. Although the article is old and is specific to a single function of procurement but it is included because it provides the managerial decision making through a procurement perspective.
3. Carl Martin Allwood, Marcus Selart (2001) Decision Making: Social and Creative Dimensions. Springer. This book discusses in detail the decision making processes and the impact of various factors on decision making. It discusses the decision making at different management levels.
4. Charles R. Schwenk (1995) Strategic Decision Making. Journal of Management, Volume: 21, Issue: 3, SAGE. It is written by a graduate of Indiana University. The article discusses various aspects of decision making and discusses the impact of other factors as well on the upper echelon decision making other than just socioeconomic impacts. Therefore, the article looks at the topic under study from a broader view.
5. Christoph Lechner (2006) A Primer to Strategy Process Research. Cuvillier Verlag. This book is academically renowned. One of the chapters of the book discuss the strategies specially used by the upper echelon management in making decisions and the impact of various factors on the cognitive style and their final decision. Although most of the book is irrelevant to this study but some part is a readily available source of information.
6. Cliff Bowman and Andrew Kakabadse (1997) Top management ownership of the strategy problem. Long Range Planning Journal, Volume: 30, Issue: 2, Elsevier Science Ltd. the writers belong to the Cranfield Centre for International Management Development, Cranfield University, UK. The paper discusses the involvement aspect of the upper echelon strategic decision making and also shed light on the impact of socioeconomic roots on it.
7. Donald C. Hambrick, Phyllis A. Mason (1984) Upper Echelons: The Organization as a Reflection of its Top Managers. Academy of Management Review, Volume: 9, Issue: 2. Research Paper. The authors are the graduates of Columbia University and have been professors and PhD. student there respectively. Although, the article is an old one but it provides a great insight into the topic under study. It is a research paper on the behaviors of upper echelon management and also analyzes to a great extent the topic of our study. That's the reason why such an old article is also included.
8. Fred David (2004) Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases. Prentice Hall. Fred David is the writer whose books are academically much known. The book discusses the cases of manufacturing and service firms as well along with the theory, thus it integrates to a great the theory and practice. This book will assist in understanding the upper echelon management's strategic decision making process.
9. Hema A. Krishnan and Daewoo Park (2005) A Few Good Women-On Top Management Teams. Journal of Business Research, Volume: 58, Issue: 12, Elsevier ltd. The article explores a new perspective of gender diversity related to the topic under discussion. Although the article is biased towards the women