Marketing research specifies the information required to address these issues, designs the methods for collecting information, manages and implements the data collection process, analyzes, and communicates the findings and their implications." (Introduction to Marketing Research)
"Is collected for the first time. It is original and collected for a specific purpose, or to solve a specific problem. It is expensive, and time consuming, but is more focused than secondary research. There are many ways to conduct primary research. We consider some of them." (Introduction to Marketing Research)
2. Mystery Shopping: "Companies will set up mystery shopping campaigns on an organizations behalf. Often used in banking, retailing, travel, cafes and restaurants, and many other customers focused organizations, mystery shoppers will enter, posing as real customers. They collect data on customer service and the customer experience. Findings are reported back to the commissioning organization. There are many issues surrounding the ethics of such an approach to research." (Introduction to Marketing Research)
Now what is means by 'Secondary Data Collection Procedure in Marketing Research According to a definition "is data which has been collected by individuals or agencies for purposes other than those of our particular research study. For example, if a government department has conducted a survey of, say, family food expenditures, then a food manufacturer might use this data in the organization's evaluations of the total potential market for a new product. Similarly, statistics prepared by a ministry on agricultural production will prove useful to a whole host of people and organizations, including those marketing agricultural supplies". (Secondary Source Information)
However, in order to achieve this ob objective, there are certain ways as follows:
1. By applying the secondary data collection, sometimes it replaces primary sources, because the secondary data solves most of the problems facing.
2. A real secondary data is more simple and cheaper if compared with the primary data, while by applying the secondary gives more fruitful result than primary sources.
3. While adapting to collect information by applying secondary data, it consumes less time than adapting to primary source.
4. You can get more perfect and accurate information by adapting to secondary source, more than adapting