By 1829 a general order was issued by the Government of the day to leave the area now currently the QVB for the market to be built and in 1869 the whole area was roofed and the stairway became a retail arcade within the marketplace (Murphy,
George Mac Rae was appointed as city architect in 1887 and 1888 procedure for the new George street market started to appear for the first time. The street is named after the architect George Mac Rae. Then in 1883 George Mac Rae submitted the market plan to the market committee with designs such as Gothic, Queen Anne, Renaissance and Romanesque for QVB.Romanesque design was chosen and they agreed that the building should have room for the coffee palace, a concert hall that can hold 500 people, shops, warehouses and the market in the basement (Murphy, Peter & Watson S 1997)
The Hilton bombing in Sydney in 1978 destroyed the glasses of QVB and it had to replace which started in 1979 also the minor domes were also renovated the same year this was a time consuming work for the craftsmen. The city council of Sydney seeks public compliance to the restoration of Queen Victoria building in 1980 which was done by Malaysian company Ipoh Limited. In 1983 Ipoh Limited gets a 99 years lease from the Sydney city council and renovation plan is signed and officially begins in 1984(Murphy, Peter & Watson S 1997)
QVB opens its doors for another time to the public in 1986 and in 1987 a number of Turrets are brought back to their original position around the minor domes. In 1998 QVB celebrates 100 years of it is success, the QVB ballroom is restored to the tearoom which is one of the best restaurants in Sydney popularly called tea room QVB in 2000 finally the Queen Victoria building basement reopens after 66 years to hold one of its most triumphant retailer, Victoria's basement (Murphy,
Peter & Watson S 1997)
The paper will evaluate the historical context of the edifice; closely examine the exterior as well as the interior attributes. The architectural structure known as Queen Victoria otherwise QVB, is an architectural blueprint found in Australia, in Sydney's nucleus commerce territory. The spot was initially home to the George boulevard bazaar, but later earmarked for the magnificent regime structural construction. The queen Victoria structural edifice was designed by an architect by the name George McRae in a Romanesque form.
The edifice was erected at a time when recession was rocking the continent; the construction was nonetheless finished in 1898 to commemorate the golden jubilee of Queen Victoria and it is named the Queen Victoria building subsequent to the hegemony. The design covers about 190 metres in length as well as 30 metres in width occupying the entire metropolis hunk. The architectural structure is a shopping mall in our current times. The structure comprises of coffee shops, outlets as well as performance hall.
The place offers a trading platform for merchants like tailors, mercers, hair saloon, as well as florists. The innermost auditorium is an overriding facet, this comprises of the innermost glass dome as well as a central glass dome and copper-material on the outside, with an arched copula. Blemish glass windows, comprising a vault casement represent the antique arms of Sydney's Metropolis, allowing light into the central region, while the