1. Assumes that the new product would help in restoring the old glorious status of AcuScan in the market.
2. Pat assumes that in order to thwart competition, the product must be announced and deployed within eight months
3. Assumes Secur-A Corporation is looking into this new retail opportunity and will come up with "some kind" of retail application in few months time.
4. Assumes that if others disagree with her that means they are not committed to the project and are trying to hamper the progress of the new product.
5. Assumes that producing a new product by August will not be difficult since AcuScan already has iScanner that can help in building the new product faster.
6. Predicts little investment on the part of staff's time and energy, which was one of the concerns, cited by Kelly.
7. Pat is looking for bringing out a new product in the market even if its not high quality for she feels that it's better to be first in the market than being high on quality.
8. Assumed customers would love the new product and actually felt they would be thrilled no matter what the product was.
9. Assumed I was "nit-picking" when tried to gather information.
10. Assumed project could be lent to outside contractors so that it would be finished on time.
11. Sees herself as a leader and a visionary and thus she must communicate her "dream" to everyone else.
Chris Martinas - Vice President of Product Development
1. Agrees with Pat on some of her assumptions.
a. Secure-A Corporation may come out with a product soon.
b. Like Pat, Chris also sees minimal investment of existing staff's time since new product is a modified version of the existing old product.
c. Must enter the market fast since speed is the main concern and not quality.
d. This new product will help the company attain...
1. Kelly Thomas is of the view that Pat Lambert should not be assigned leadership since she doubts Pat's ability to lead. Kelly assumes that Pat doesn't possess the qualities required to lead "Operation Optimize" since Pat has irrelevant previous experience in a cereal industry.
2. Since Pat was unable to comprehend the term "QC," Kelly assumes Pat has no knowledge of quality control and the difficulties associated with the same. Thus she feels it would be impossible to produce a new product under her guidance.
Cliff O'Connor: Cliff believes that a new product would "recapture our position as a market leader with our technology." Cliff further argues that AcuScan needs Pat's creativity. He views "Operation Optimize" as not something too different from the old product iScanner.
Pat Lambert: Argues that iScanner should be modified and should be launched in a non-vertical market and sees this as the only viable solution for long-term growth. Pat argues that Kelly initially said it was easier to build on the existing product and create a new product from an old one. Finally, Pat also needs additional funding to hire an outside contractor for the completion of this product on time.
After analyzing the situation