Google on its expansion spree in the international front has led them to gain access to new partners and growing, thereby delivering targeted and measurable ads.
Positioning helps a company create a perception in the minds of the target audience in the market amidst its competitors. Google s positioning comes across evidently in the philosophy of focusing on their end user by using simple interfaces protecting privacy of the individual and having advertising restricted only ones relevant to the search. The ability to customize Google in over 100 languages shows their continuous improvement in quality of service making Google more accessible for a variety of people.
1. Target Audience: Google is a high quality service which can be availed by anybody who is seeking information that can be accessed from anywhere. They now have broadened their target segment by introducing customized homepages in several languages.
2. Defining the service: The Company believes in providing its audience with an experience redefining the way individuals, businesses and technologists use the Internet. The service examines a whole host of web pages to return relevant information of one s search. ...
From Images to phone numbers to airline flight info to categories in the Open Directory to a spell checker to translating web pages, Google makes a perfect search engine sometimes even categorizing adult content.
3. Target Audience perception: The millions of users now perceive 'life to be a Google query'.
4. Competitive positioning: Custom libraries created by Google help them cut down their cost by about 50% thus making them more productive than their closest competitors like Amazon, eBay, Microsoft, and Yahoo. As a result of its superior technology systems, competitors need to spend 4 times as much to catch up.
5. Value proposition: Google generates their revenue from,
Google Search Appliance: A scalable technology which understands what you mean and returns what you want.
Google Adwords: Google makes online advertising easier by optimizing campaigns by winnowing keywords and creative execution for effective reach to a qualified audience.
Google Adsense: This service enables publishers to carry out searches with their own web page.
6. Position: Google positions itself as an innovation company which strives to maintain quality through its product development.
PageRank Technology: The collective intelligence of the web has mechanism of determining the importance of a page and thus hierarchically displays content. Considering that there is no human involvement in fiddling with page ordering, users have less reasons to suspect the integrity of information made available.
Hypertext-Matching Analysis: A thorough analysis of the content on every page is done and not just plain image based scanning which could be manipulated, thereby ensuring that results