Please boost your Plan to download papers
Antihypertensive and antilipidemic medications - Essay Example
Pages 2 (502 words)
2. This class of drugs is not limited by race and gender. The ideal candidate is adult heart failure patients both acute and historical. They would have reduced ventricular injection fraction with tolerance to ACE inhibitors. Patients who have diabetic neuropathy with hypertension or hypertension alone.
7. Follow up will include Re-appointment in one month for repeat labs and then in three months for follow up. Labs to repeat will be renal panel, liver panel and Hgb. as well as K. If patient is diabetic HA1c.
8. Special education should include diet and exercise. However, adverse reactions are often chronic headache, dizziness, abdominal pain and nausea and URI symptoms. The patient will need to be aware of these.
10. He will need to keep his appointments as scheduled, follow diet and exercise, change position slowly, and drink adequate amounts of fluid during the day. He will need to take this drug for a lifetime, unless told by a primary provider to discontinue. Do not use any nonprescription drugs that might increase blood pressure. Do not drink alcohol.
11. Hypertension if left uncontrolled can cause stroke or heart attack. Chronic hypertension often causes renal failure and the need for dialysis. Untreated hypertension works the heart harder and contributes to atherosclerosis
12. Not all antihypertensives work equally well in any given patient. Vasodilating activity occurs with this class of drug. Postural or orthostatic hypotension may occur in some patients causing falls.
Not exactly what