2. This class of drugs is not limited by race and gender. The ideal candidate is adult heart failure patients both acute and historical. They would have reduced ventricular injection fraction with tolerance to ACE inhibitors. Patients who have diabetic neuropathy with hypertension or hypertension alone.
7. Follow up will include Re-appointment in one month for repeat labs and then in three months for follow up. Labs to repeat will be renal panel, liver panel and Hgb. as well as K. If patient is diabetic HA1c.
8. Special education should include diet and exercise. However, adverse reactions are often chronic headache, dizziness, abdominal pain and nausea and URI symptoms. The patient will need to be aware of these.
10. He will need to keep his appointments as scheduled, follow diet and exercise, change position slowly, and drink adequate amounts of fluid during the day. He will need to take this drug for a lifetime, unless told by a primary provider to discontinue. Do not use any nonprescription drugs that might increase blood pressure. Do not drink alcohol.
11. Hypertension if left uncontrolled can cause stroke or heart attack. Chronic hypertension often causes renal failure and the need for dialysis. Untreated hypertension works the heart harder and contributes to atherosclerosis
12. Not all antihypertensives work equally well in any given patient. Vasodilating activity occurs with this class of drug. Postural or orthostatic hypotension may occur in some patients causing falls.
Cite this document
(“Antihypertensive and antilipidemic medications Essay”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/291175-antihypertensive-and-antilipidemic-medications
(Antihypertensive and Antilipidemic Medications Essay)
“Antihypertensive and Antilipidemic Medications Essay”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/291175-antihypertensive-and-antilipidemic-medications.
In effect, Mr. Jian was given Vecuronium in order to help relax his muscles during the surgery and ensure that his throat is relaxed during the ET intubation. Vecuronium is considered an “intermediate acting nondepolarizing muscle relaxant” (Kovacs and Law, 2008, p.
The author analyzes for different medicines for obesity treatments and their mechanism of action: sibutramine, orlistat, phentermine, and diethylpropion. Obesity is a pathological condition which has now become a matter of global concern. It is a disease associated with the excessive accumulation of fats in the body of individual.
One of the situations occurs when the nurses engage in duty shifts. Errors are \unintentional lapses on the part of the nursing staff. The nurse administrators must do their share to eliminate medication errors (Kalra, 2011). There are corrective activities remedies needed to reduce the frequency and effects of medication errors.
There is probably a link between asthmatic patients and increased gum disease, though an Internet search of the topic reveals only a small amount of information, and scientific journals haven't exactly hurdled to cover the issue. There are several theories, to date, as to why asthmatics are at higher risk for periodontal problems than non-asthmatic patients.
Ageing is natural phenomena and relates to normal wear and tear. With ageing the functional component of body, internal and external, undergoes a gradual decrease in efficiency, thus raises a need for an additional support system for carrying out normal function.
medication errors, to encompass “a failure in the treatment process that leads to, or has the potential to lead to, harm to the patient” (Ferner and Aronson, 2006; cited in Aronson, 2009, p. 601). The definition provided by the National Coordinating Council for Medication
Various bodies dealing matters of human health have set standards on how handle patients as well as defining the safety procedures. While medical professional tend to observe utmost safety procedures, some medical errors may occur during
This drug (Statin) is potent in reducing cholesterol.
Statin is a generic name derived from 3-hydrooxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme-A reductase (Reamy, 2009). The most significant trials for testing statin against
2 Pages(500 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Antihypertensive and antilipidemic medications for FREE!