The Tree of the Wooden Clogs - Essay Example

Only on StudentShare

Extract of sample
The Tree of the Wooden Clogs

More specifically, this tackles Olmi's and his movie's ability to share history and the impact that it has created to his viewers. More so, this answers the following questions:
"The Tree of Wooden Clogs" is a movie which theme is focused with the peasants' experience during the 18th century, when tenant farmers worked for landlords under feudal relationship. Work, then is very important. It serves as the totality of these farmers' lives. Different household scenarios are shown in this movie. Scenarios, which some will still be familiar because they are still happening today, and scenarios which people of today's generation will consider as unthinkable.
Typical farming activities such as the growing and harvesting of crops, and breeding and slaughtering of animals are shown in this movie. Moreover, typical housewives' such as washing of used clothes from dusk until dawn, taking care of the children (despite lack of proper food). There are also scenes wherein a child was shown walking several miles just to attend school, and one wife is shown being advised by a priest to give her son to some orphanage because she cannot maintain providing her son with proper food, clothing and education. ...
Download paper


History is part of our life. At the same time, movies are also part of our modern life. Movies serve as a form of entertainment for many of us. But still others consider movies as the venue where information dissemination could take place.
Ermanno Olmi, director of "The Tree of the Wooden Clogs" know exactly that he can use his artistic ability to share some important parts of his country's history…
Author : felicity54

Related Essays

There are various vital points that Joan needs to establish in order to justify her decision to follow the recommendation made by one of her officers that the 16-year-old mentally retarded boy should be provided with a community based treatment. She has to prove all her arguments valid to the reporter and therefore the following points may be put across in justification of the decision.
3 pages (753 words) Essay
Leaves of the Banyan Tree
But soon after Tauilopepe is obsessed by the materialistic world and indulges in activities which do not go with his stature. He denies his own culture afterwards and gives preference to money and power. Tauilopepe uses his power in a corrupt way and in an incident described in the novel by the author Tauilopepe gives a sermon in the church in which he preaches about God, money and success. This preaching shows the negative side of Tauilopepe as even in the church he is not advocating about his religion only. Tauilopepe in the story tries to connect money and success to God religion and...
2 pages (502 words) Essay
Family Tree
He wakes up really early in the morning. He drinks his coffee and reads the paper. My dad is full spirited. When he comes home from work he never fails to share his stories and anecdotes from his work. Nevertheless, he still manages to lay down his rules. If one of us fails to follow it, we sure will have a serious spanking. This is probably because he was a teacher, and now, is currently working as a superintendent of schools. His job requires him to teach the rules and at the same time follow them.
2 pages (502 words) Assignment
Bonsai Tree
This means that a bonsai is not merely a piece of horticulture. It is horticulture that is refined to the level of an art form.
3 pages (753 words) Essay
UtilityProbability Tree Analysis
However, if these hostages are booby trapped, there is 80% chance that some or all of the hostages will be killed and only 20% chance that all of the hostages will be saved. Considering both events, we can clearly see that in any event our chances of saving hostages are less than 50%. This means that it is more likely that all of the hostages will not be saved and hence we should plan our excursion in a way as to minimize the losses and to see if it is worth undertaking an excursion where all hostages cannot be saved. We should look at other alternative and make sure that if there are better...
2 pages (502 words) Essay
Got a tricky question? Receive an answer from students like you! Try us!