17. Specifications are not available for the kind of applications that we use in our company.
4. Technology: Can Conventional Database Abstraction Layers (DBAL) and Web Services be used for solving the same issues
18. DBAL and web services are capable of solving all of the issues listed in section 2.
19. DBAL and Web services solves the relevant issues for us.
20. DBAL is tunable and can be used to realize additional controls that may be needed.
21. Our people are comfortable with DBAL / Web services
22. DBAL and web services are easier to adopt and use than the new standard processes
23. Many of the disadvantages of DBAL / web services are taken care of JSRs and JSRs are growing.
Very Un Important (1)
Un Important (2)
Very Important (5)
5. Technology: Is Data Access more comfortable with JDBC or other Data mining / warehousing software
24. Additional features on JDBC for connecting dissimilar databases.
25. Generic warehousing tools are good enough for our requirements.
6. General: Closing Remarks
26. JSR 170 is the future standard for all kinds of applications from Java stable.
27. JSR 170 is easy to adopt and use.
28. JSR 170 is compatible with most of the Enterprise Content Management Vendor products.
29. JSR 170 has advantages that are better than the other equivalent standards and products.
30. Adopting JSR 170 would improve our performance in the company.
Signature of the person filling the form
Thanks for your cooperation
Question Selection and grouping.
Categorization is done on the basis of the following:
1. Size of the company
2. Turnover of the company
3. Nature of business
4. Database employed on the website
This would help in analyzing the advantages with respect to the size of the company, nature of business, database employed and also on the turnover. This would help in understanding whether the companies of similar traits think alike or differently; if so why
Answers to be evaluated in line with the standard evaluation practices of assigning 1 for very unimportant and 5 for very important. Based on these numeric assignments of the choice, the other factors are also evaluated in line with the grouping and the related questions. Answers for specific groups could be averaged and viewed as a relevancy factor for the heading / group from the specific company type / size.