It is head quartered in Cupertino, California and employs 21,600 employees. The company recorded revenues of $24,006 million during the fiscal year ended September 2007, an increase of 24.3% over 2006. The company’s revenue grew on account of increased sale of Mac systems and downloads of digital content. The operating profit of the company was $4,409 million during fiscal year 2007, an increase of 79.7% over 2006. The net profit was $3,496 million in fiscal year 2007, an increase of 75.8% over 2006.”
1. Brand Value and Recognition – This is the biggest strength of Apple. Right from Apple PCs (MACs) which was their first product introduced to the very recent iPHONE, all their products are positioned as luxury products and are designed with features to delight the customers and give them a “WOW” feeling on using the products. This has created strong brand recognition among the consumers.
2. Product Design – All their products are developed after thorough research and design and invariably are of premium look, feel and quality. The MAC operating system, the iPHONE, the iPOD, etc. are all examples of excellence in product design.
3. Product Functions and Features – The features and functionalities of their products are state of the art and highly innovative. All their products are feature rich and absolute delight to the users.
4. Innovation – Apple has always come out with innovative products and product lines. It started with the Apple PC and Mac Operating System followed by various Apple software applications and computer peripherals. Later they introduced totally different and innovative product line through the launch of iPODs as mobile music players. They were accompanied by innovative accessories such as speakers, podcasts, etc. This innovation in seen continued with launch of iPHONES which have touch screen technology combined with music rich features.
5. Accessories – Accessories to accompany differentiated