Every Financial institution has a legal and social responsibility to serve all communities and banks are obliged to serve adequately both inner-city and suburban neighborhoods, both poor and wealthy communities. A number of questions arise recently such as “Do New Jersey banks…
This data represent 21 New Jersey counties.
This report will examine correctness of the charge that New Jersey banks have been withdrawing from urban areas with a high percentage of minorities. For this, I will use Asbury Park Press compiled county by county data and summarize this data set using scatter diagram and the descriptive statistics and presents findings in this memo. The importance of this study is to test whether banks serve their own communities.
A scatterplot is created taking “x” as the percentage of the population within each county that is minority and “y” as people in each county per branch bank within the county. Figure 1 shows the scatter diagram of minority percentage (independent variable x) against the number of people per bank branch (dependent variable y). There appears a strong direct positive relationship between the number of people in county per branch bank and the percentage of minority population in county.
The R2 value of 0.5265 indicates that about 52.65% of the variation in the number of people in county per branch bank is explained by the percentage of minority population in county. This is a strong effect. However, the other 47.35% of the variation in the number of people in county per branch bank remains unexplained.
The slope coefficient of regression of 35.89 suggests that for every percent increase in minority population in the county, the number of people per bank branch increases by about 36 on average. The intercept coefficient of regression of 2082 suggests that for no minority population in the county, the number of people per bank branch will be about 2,082 on average.
The p-value for “x” variable the percentage of minority population in the county is 0.0002, which is less than 0.01. Therefore, the percentage of minority population in the county significantly predicts the number of people in county ...
Cite this document
(“Statistics case memo Project Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/390014-statistics-case-memo
(Statistics Case Memo Project Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1500 Words)
“Statistics Case Memo Project Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/390014-statistics-case-memo.
Different strategies can be employed, but for Benetton, providing additional support to retailers and or licensees existing will be a smart move for the organization. This strategy will enable the organization continue to meet their market segment and niche, which looks into the rising competition.
ute of Management, Calcutta had the highest enrolments with 463, while Macquarie Graduate School of Management, Sydney had the lowest enrolment with 12. The University of Adelaide had the highest number of students per faculty (19), while the Australian National University had
The mean is 240 and the standard deviation is 50. Find the probability that an applicant will have a rating greater than 300.
a. From National Weather Service records, the annual snowfall in the TopKick Mountains has a mean of 92 inches and a standard
These two variables are part of socioeconomic factors that affects the psychological health of an individual. Inadequate finances can be an act of poverty which in turn considered a risk factor for declines
During analysis, a group variable is created to accommodate the two groups whose means are being analyzed.
Based on the Levenes Test for Equality of Variances, which puts the level of significance (p-value) at 0.229, we use the equal variance
You can only fund one of the two. Patients and their families are anxiously waiting for the Board of Directors to make a decision on which of the two can be funded.
Part I: Your first task it to do the following
Descriptive statistics were not appropriate because it considered only the features of the group being studied (Agresti, 2007).
3. Other statistic that could have been used in describing the length of labor is categorical statistics distribution (Agresti,
nderstanding distribution of levels of consumption and associated factors is significant to business organizations for policymaking and for decisions on levels of production (Lee, C., Lee, J., & Lee A., 2013). Understanding distribution of levels of income across a market