Mississippi river changed its direction towards New Orleans and Pine Island approached west toward the Mississippi river. 4,000 years ago, the Mississippi river nearly connected with Pine Island and closed up the Pontchartrain Bay.
4. Most maps of Louisiana are deceptive…
es out by the soil’s own weight, new sediment fails to replenish the loss casing a loss of 4 feet of land at the mouth of Mississippi every 100 years.
8. Thousands of miles of web like navigation canals are responsible for destroying 10% to 30% of the marshes. These canals are also responsible for an unknown percent of land loss because they cut off marshes from natural water flow, opening them up to salt water intrusion and erosion.
9. Salt water from the Gulf moves inland through canals and waterways killing fresh water plants that can’t stand the salt. As the plants die, the soil their roots hold together is eroded away, destroying marshes and wetlands.
12. From 1932 to 2000, Louisiana lost nearly 2,000 square miles of land bringing Gulf of Mexico near to the resident’s backyards. If nothing is done to stop the current situation, geologists predict an additional 7,000 miles of land could disappear by 2020.
13. New Orleans should not be built again. The coast line of New Orleans is very dangerous and it will soon be destroyed again because the city is protected by the levees which contribute to land loss.
21. Hurricane Katrina occurred because some levees in New Orleans were replaced with walls approximately 2 feet thick to widen the canal which fell during the hurricane (Hurricane Katrina Relief, 2010).
22. The nature or Hurricane Katrina changed dramatically from 28 to 29 August. Studies suggest that this change in nature from tropical storm to a category 5 and then back to category 3, is directly associated with the land fall in Louisiana (Richard D. Knabb, 2005).
25. It is said the damage done by Hurricane Katrina could have been avoided. The state was aware of the intensity of the hurricane and should have taken measures to avoid the death of 1,300 people. It is said that the military lacked cooperation with the Homeland Security and other relief agencies (Fox news, 2006).
26. It is not possible to prove that global warming caused Hurricane ...
Cite this document
(“ASSIGN2_SMT Coursework Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/400725-assign2smt
(ASSIGN2_SMT Coursework Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words)
“ASSIGN2_SMT Coursework Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/400725-assign2smt.
Most attend because; they lack social interaction as they live alone and have health and mobility problems which could cause them to become isolated. This report will provide a detailed explanation of four communication skills used by care workers or service users in the care setting.
The executives of organizations are addressed in this proposal, trying to look for a solution into the issue of tattoos in the work place. The management is the most appropriate to address as it is the one responsible for hiring employees and the one mostly opposed to the idea of tattoos in the workplace.
For the Trosacks, however, the diagnosis of Tay-Sachs in their unborn child most likely means a painful life for the child with death coming in a very short time. As their Catholic heritage means that abortion is not an option, they are now faced with dealing with the pain and suffering of their child who will enter the world disadvantaged and live within it for only a short time.
Equity developed in the early middle ages as a means of alleviating the strict application of legal rules by the courts of common law. Equity is the means by which a system of law balances out the need for certainty in rule making with the need to achieve fair result in individual circumstances.
The following quote from Knut Wicksell succinctly expresses this condition,
“…there is no single doctrine taken to be a scientific truth without the diametrically opposite view being similarly upheld by authors of high repute … in other fields of
Students copied the Old Masters to learn how it was done; there was a right way. Tutors made sure tenets and customs were preserved, so that when we look at these old paintings and statues we see attempts to portray life, portraits and scenes from mythology and scriptures,
‘Rape as a weapon of war’ is a serious phenomenon, which is occurring in many countries worldwide, though mostly in African nations. Fortunately the people in U.S.A and most European countries have not experienced this because they have not been invaded in recent years. As a result, the majority of the people there does not have as much awareness.
One way to calculate a nation’s GDP is to find the total of all expenditure of a country. Nominal GDP is the GDP which is adjusted, by dividing the nominal GDP by the real price.
Suppose that inventories fall by $2 billion, consumption increases by $8
According to the report there will be eye-catching decoration for the dinner with cool and romantic lighting for the couples. In addition, the interior design of the selected venues are excellently polished and done. As regards entertainment, there will be plenty of jazz and blues music in the selected venues.
2 Pages(500 words)Assignment
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Coursework on topic ASSIGN2_SMT for FREE!