1) Size of the Company: Gymboree Corporation runs more than 900 retail stores. This gives the firms an edge over its competitors and allows the company to operate on a large scale enjoying the economies of scale.
2) Multinational Operations: The firm is found to be present in more than one country. This means that the firm does not have all its eggs in one basket and it can weather the storm by offsetting a plummeting demand effect in one country against booming demand in another.
3) Not dependent on one large supplier: The firm’s supplies come from India, China, Indonesia and other countries. This saves the firm from relying heavily on one large supplier and hence suppliers cannot put unnecessary stress on the company. (Daft, 1994)
1) Heavy Dependence on One Major Buying Agent: One buying agent of the company manages 90% of the firm’s inventory purchases. This means that if some goes wrong with this buying agent, the entire business will suffer
2) Computer Dependence: The firm’s operations are highly mechanized. The firm is characterized by extensive use of computer. However, any computer failure can cost the firm dearly as the entire firm’s processes are dependent on computerized instructions.
Improvement in Communication and Transportation Facilities: In the last few years, the improvement in the infrastructural facilities has helped the company to receive its supplies on time and instructions to the suppliers can now be made quickly due to ever improving communication facilities.
E-Commerce: Improvement in information technology has helped the company to sell online. This is reflected in the company’s financial statements which now show increase in the profits as compare to the last few years. It has helped the company to sell in countries where it is not physically present. (Chrystal and Lipsey, 2003)
Cite this document
(“SWOT analysis for Gymboree Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/407399-swot-analysis-for-gymboree
(SWOT Analysis for Gymboree Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words)
“SWOT Analysis for Gymboree Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/407399-swot-analysis-for-gymboree.
As such, the plan has been broken down to be analyzed upon these 4 contingent areas as follows: Strengths With respect to overall strength of the business plan, the target market is a perfect segment for such an offering as the target demographic and need both exist in ample supply based upon the demographic information provided in the analysis.
Amazon.com has patented leading edge customer care technology. Weaknesses . The huge range of activities brings a risk of the company being overstretched and losing focus. There are potential quality control problems with so many partnerships. Opportunities The market for new electronic and software products is still growing, with new products arriving all the time.
From a general perspectives, it can be observed that job opportunities in finance and accounting are numerous through which an individual can build his/her career. It can be stated that various job opportunities in finance and accounting entail Bookkeeper, Accountant, Accounting Clerk and Certified Public Accountant among others.
xpenditures on R&D, Toyota has large capacities to produce and utilize new technologies as it has already done with the introduction of its new electric/petrol hybrid vehicle, the Prius.
4. Toyota enjoys a brand positioning of high quality, reliability and durability all over
New hand held devices reinvigorate the youth market in particular, and Amazon.com has tweaked its interface to meet this opportunity.
The company has withstood dips in the online market, partly because of its ability to switch
SWOT as an acronym represents the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats that define a business’s environment. The identification of these aspects of a business helps in establishing a strategic plan for the organization. The SWOT analysis is also essential in the
To start with, SWOT analysis is restricted to those factors that can either be identified as either strengths or weakness (in the internal environment). Secondly, SWOT analysis does not prioritize issues;