His speech is organized much in the manner of a bibliographical sketch, with his life’s events related in chronological order. The speech appears to be organized around three main points: his ambition for himself, how he had to modify these ambitions because of the…
4. The speaker needs to work on adding variety his speech patterns more, placing emphasis and stress on the important points he wants to convey. He should add variations in tone and volume, and support with the appropriate gestures.
1. Gabrielle tries to make a strong opening also, but comes across as a bit self-conscious and shy, and this is further underscored by her gestures which are rather frequent and nervous. The beginning is not effective in capturing the audience’s attention.
2. The speech is poorly organized. Her topics are not well-structured. She tended to repeat some things, such as the fact that she wants to help people. She also tended to jump from one point to the next and back again, as in alternating between events in her life (her course, what she wants to take up) interspersed with comments about her personal inclinations, then back again. The topics are not quite ordered in a logical sequence.
There don’t appear to be three main points in her speech, but if there are three main points, they would be her aspiration about what she wants to do, her independence from her parents’ decisions, and the fact that she is aspiring to be a doctor in order to fulfil her desire to help others. The topics are not well delineated, however, as she tends to move among them alternatively.
3. The speaker is more animated in her tone, pitch, volume, and so forth, and tries to relate to her audience by maintaining eye contact with them. However, she fails to establish eye contact with the webcam as specified in the instruction. She tries to avoid note card dependence, putting it down at times and trying not to look at it, but then she picks it up again and looks again at it.
4. Gabrielle should not be too nervous, as she conveys this by her seeming desire to be conversational in her approach, and ...
Cite this document
(“Evaluation Speech Self Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/408999-evaluation-speech-self
(Evaluation Speech Self Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words)
“Evaluation Speech Self Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/408999-evaluation-speech-self.
Sometimes the errors induced by biases in judgment lead decision makers to pay a heavier cost, involve in needless conflicts and even accept the wrong jobs. Given the massive costs that can result from
I have gained knowledge on how to read efficiently by using the methods such as outlining, note-taking and applying the SQ3R strategy. Other major lessons I have learned include parts of speech, writing summaries,
One could also make a stand that the government welfare should be embraced to ensure that state benefits are disseminated to the underprivileged citizens to sustain their standards of good fortune.
3. What is your stand in relation to the theme of focus? My
perform, acquire knowledge and skills vital or necessary for the career, conduct a job search, determine career objectives and reassess career choice. Having carried a job search and obtained information from the job interview that I attended in one of the international
points throughout the speech to enable the listeners ponder over what I had just said and these were effective as I saw some people in the audience deep in thought at these points. I also made a point to move across the room to ensure that I had all the attention of my
things in the classroom management, and I have also had the opportunity to reconcile theory with practice, which has given me such rich experience in my work.
With time, I have discovered that creating a holistic and healthy classroom environment that foster’s rich learning
Having known this, it is now my responsibility to have a proper plan on how to prepare, organize and manage myself. Otherwise, I will be destined for failure. Since all my programs are very important, I will need to take each of them so seriously. The first thing I
I can interact with people from different classes and age groups (Dillon, 2003). This makes it possible for me to engage children from diverse backgrounds thereby help them according to the uniqueness of their situation. Additionally,
2 Pages(500 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Evaluation Speech Self for FREE!