Market research project for new brand of classic personal computers for Dell Corporation will be carried out within sixty (60) days beginning January 1, 2011. The company that has been awarded the project is MarketWorld Ltd. MarketWorld Ltd is a global market research company…
The management board of Dell Corporation would like to design and develop personal computers that will appeal to twenty-five to forty-five year old business executives. However, before the actual process of design and development commences, it became extremely important to contract MarketWorld Ltd to do a market research to determine the features of the new computers that will appeal to the business executives. In addition, the research is to identify the type and number of business executives who are likely to purchase the classic computers as well as the price they are willing to pay. This information will be vey important because it will dictate the number of computers to be produced in future, thus help Dell Corporation decide whether to produce new brand of classic computers or not.
The main features of the project include; research will be confirmatory and exploratory; qualitative and quantitative; sample size will be three thousand five hundred business executives; it will use desktop research, focus groups, interviews and email to collect both primary and secondary data. First, seventy percent (70%) of market research will be exploratory while the remaining thirty percent (30%) will be confirmatory. This is because Dell Corporation is seeking better ideas that will yield highly enduring and marketable personal computers. Secondly, sixty percent (60%) of the market research will be qualitative in nature while the remaining forty percent (40%) will be quantitative. Thirdly, data will be collected through use of focus groups, ethnographic observation, e-mail, telephone and personal interviews. Fourth, research will sample three thousand five hundred business executives in the United Kingdom. Fifth, eighty percent (80%) of the data collected will be from primary sources while the remaining twenty percent (20%) will be from secondary sources.
To measure the performance and progress of the market research project, costs, performance as ...
Cite this document
(“Project Managment Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 5000 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/410210-project-managment
(Project Managment Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 5000 Words)
“Project Managment Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 5000 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/410210-project-managment.
Proper management is required in order to increase the productivity thus the following terms of project management must be understood: Design Capacity When a product or project is designed the maximum capacity at which it can work or the output it would provide is assessed thus it is the maximum obtainable output under ideal conditions.
The Shelf Company started as a small manufacturing business in the northern suburbs of Cambridge. The company began by manufacturing cranes and lifting machines for use in small warehouses. Initially there was no computer component in its lifting products, but in recent years some of the mechanical parts of these machines have been replaced with their computerised equivalents, and the company then decided to expand its operations into industrial robots.
In case of establishment of the effective project working details and issues handling we can achieve better project operational support and services. This project management report is about the detailed and deep analysis of the project management
Several literary works have been produce on supply chain management and this paper will review a few among the body of literature to gain a deeper understanding into SCM and its impact on services to customers.
In the year 1997,
This paper will review past literature on supply chain management to help build the body of knowledge on how this entire process helps in improving service provision to customers.
Until 1997, not much was known about the concept of supply chain management, but with the
This product is going to cater the needs of hot beverages in the Murphy Street. A large segment of people in this area are professionals, and this mean a premium beverage product can be fruitful in this region.
A shop will be set up
Taxonomy is the classification or putting things into a group. Taxonomy processes have useful importance in a team.
Mission analysis and planning is a transition process; it goes hand in hand with goal specification
In addition, they have a chance to come up with alternative strategies that will ensure their goals are met. Evaluation of this model is very significant as it identifies hiccups that might be encountered by the
1 Pages(250 words)Assignment
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Assignment on topic Project Managment for FREE!