Inez Sainz, a female sports reporter from Mexico who reports for TV Azteca, was claimed to be sexually harassed by players and managers connected with the football team, New York Jets. Although, questions were raised about Sainz’s costumes there and before, harassment…
But, never, the vocabulary never so rude.” (cbsnews.com).
3. According to Sainz and reports, when she was on the sidelines before the match, some Jet players and coaches appears to have intentionally thrown footballs in her direction. Then, when she waited in the locker room to conduct an interview with Mark Sanchez, she was reportedly harassed with catcalls and rude comments. (cbsnews.com)
4. Although, there are numerous pictures showing Sainz dressed in a “provocative” or sexy manner, it no way lessens the crime committed by the team. It is a personal choice and is part of her job, and that does not give the team any right or leeway to harass her. “When she posts sexy photos on her website, shes showing off her assets and creating an image of a strong, sexy woman. The two are not incompatible.” (Peveteaux).
5. From the reports, it is clear that Sainz did not do anything wrong or even provocative to elicit the player’s response. She was just doing her job and her costumes was her choice, and so it no way makes any difference to the crime committed. “When Sainz is in the locker room, shes asking questions as reporters do. Shes not giving a lap dance. There is no excuse for disgusting behavior.” (Peveteaux )
6. Inez Sainz being a former Miss Spain or a 33 years old or married or being a mother of three children does not make any difference or lessens the misdemeanor. However, it makes the crime more erroneous and unethical, because even a committed married woman and mother, who is charting a career path, is not free from sexual harassment.
7. Yes, female reporters are allowed in the male players’ locker rooms, but after this incident there should be re-thinking on the part of the authorities, team management and the media houses. The harsh environment of the locker rooms was pointed out by "Early Show" co-anchor Erica Hill, "A locker room is a tough place for anybody, male or female, and a lot ...
Cite this document
(“Business Ethics Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words - 13”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/411036-business-ethics
(Business Ethics Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words - 13)
“Business Ethics Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 Words - 13”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/411036-business-ethics.
According to the task, these ethics can be explained in many different theories of ethics that include virtue ethics, rationality, utilitarianism, communitarianism, social ethics and normative ethics. Hence, international business ethics and corporate governance can be explained in various ways (Casson 95).
Business ethics are rules as well as standards which an organization is required to follow while performing its activities or operations. It mainly consists of moral standards which vary among organizations and it also helps in determining the right and the wrong decisions.
For example, according to the limited knowledge of the researcher, Magna Carta of 1215 was the first legal reference for ethics in UK (Holme, 2008). However, magnitude of importance for ethical perspective of business operation has been increased manifold in recent years after the financial scams by corporate such as Enron, Lehman Brothers, Worldcom, Nortel and many others came to the light.
Business ethics theories are often adopted by organisations seeking to curb practices that are deemed as corrupt. They usually have moral principles that organisations can implement to make sure that all the workers operating in the company conform to accepted codes of behaviour
Examples of ethical issues concerning three different issues have been explained along with their alleged law suits that have flagged these issues in the United States.
Business ethics are the moral eternal, abstract, and the
To some, the suggestion that an orderly and analytical process of decision making, not only on a personal level – but more so in business, should include the discussion of highly controversial ethical issues, about which
The other group of business people takes it as avoiding activities that portray bad image of the company. If the above are not considered as business ethics the business institutions may suffer loss or may earn the business bad reputation.Business people believe that if good business ethics are adhered to then the business will experience an upward trend with a lot of profit.
A similarity between ethics in the United States and ethics in Asia is that they address a variety of similar factors such as pollution, corruption, fraud and contracts among others. Although approaches to dealing with
2 Pages(500 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Business Ethics for FREE!