Ethical dilemma shows a clash in the ideals of laws and personal interest. It is seen in the nursing profession when some actions may be ethical but not legal or unethical but legal (Butts 51). In the case of the five people in the provided situation, their ethical dilemma is…
Personally, the author thinks that utilitarianism should be observed which means for the benefit of the majority. The concept supporting it is called teleological theory. It is the ethical theory that focuses on the end result which is in favor of the majority (Timby 44). In addition, fidelity and justice must be observed in rescuing those people in the hospital. Both principles are important as the former provides a work-related commitment of nurses while the latter provides an indiscriminate way of helping others (Ibid 46).
3. It may be risky but saving lives should be the priority. Self-interest may be put aside, but it does not mean that the lives of the five people in that situation must be ended. They may look for alternatives in helping them like calling the nearest fire brigade and disaster response team. In addition, the doctor and Peter must follow the example of Margaret in saving the lives of other patients. Doctors must also ensure the interest of the patients before their own as it is part of their oath and core values. On the other hand, Peter also has a responsibility in saving the patients since it is part of his duty to prepare any rescue and evacuation procedures in case of emergencies.
4. The possible consequences may be the deaths of those who went down to rescue the remaining patients in the damaged hospital. Recent hurricane has destroyed the hospital together with the crashing helicopter. On the other hand, it is also possible that more lives will be saved without any casualties if there would be other rescuers.
5. The alternatives can be prioritized by following the values that must be rendered by the profession in saving lives and prioritizing the welfare of the patients. It is quite normal for people to become scared and risk their lives since they may die in the process. It may be overcome by allowing the utilitarian perspective to be the guide in decision-making.
6. The doctor and Peter must follow the ...
Cite this document
(“Discussion Question Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words - 11”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/nursing/524232-discussion-question
(Discussion Question Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words - 11)
“Discussion Question Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words - 11”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/nursing/524232-discussion-question.
His current candidacy and eventual win in the 2008 election to the post of vice-presidency suggest the infinity of attainments when one is not really only limited to appreciations.
2. Plagiarism is verbatim reproduction of a copyright. But the problem is there are approximately 7 billion people all around the world today.
The values organizational that give organizations credibility also will give credibility to the individual. They are a source of self-fulfillment and personal integrity. Corporate culture can be defined as “norms, assumptions and values”
ine to discover current resources you might use to develop a preventative stress management program for an organization (Medical Device Manufacturing) of your choice. Share your discoveries and comment on their usefulness to an industrial/organizational professional.
The operations and performance of the company for example, must account for shareholder value in line with working towards successful business prospects (Brigham & Ehrhardt, 2010).
For a company with several
In this case, and and OR are used to indicate the infimum (meet) and supremum (join) used for the two elements. Complements in the above element are uniquely defined if the exist.
The algebraic and the order theory perspective can be used
Standard deviation method is useful in high variability as it is used to measure dispersion by extracting the square root. If the research requires a more sensitive, the most required variability to use is the standard deviation. The variability
Job analysis describes and aids in jobs appointment while, job evaluation refers to compensable factors that enable job equation and developing plans for comparing jobs importance and in worthiness. Compensable factors can be used to equate
Leaders analyze the situation of the organization in detailed and based on that they develop strategies; assist other people in following right path. There are different types of leadership styles which facilitate the leaders in guiding people.
6 Pages(1500 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Discussion Question for FREE!