In both health facilities, latex allergic patients are identified upon admission and given red band with an indication of the allergy. The same information is recorded in medical charts and other relevant documents that appertains to the patient. Such a person is treated with…
These policies and procedures point at the importance that is accorded to workplace safety by these facilities.
6. In the state of Florida, the laws relating to nurses state that those nurses impaired through sickness, alcoholism or drug should immediately be subjected to investigation to determine their ability to continue serving. In the event medical records or courts prove otherwise, such persons are stripped of their licenses as a security measure to workplace safety.
7. American Nursing Association notes that optimal nurse to patient ration is key to enhancing the value of care that patients receive. There is therefore a need to come up with innovative measures through collaborative efforts that would result to alternate solutions to acute nursing shortage. Also, while developing an optimal staffing model it is critical to take into account aspects such as patient care setting, patient acuity, and skills/education at a given setting (ANA., 2014).
8. The aspects discussed are Needlestick injuries prevention that involves safe placement of sharp object (i.e. needles) to prevent accidental piercing, safe patient handling which involves application of safety handling equipment such as safety gloves to protect nurses from contracting diseases, and finally environmental safety that involves keeping the environment at the work place safe and hygienic.
9. As part of Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, OHSN has come up with voluntary and secure electronic occupational safety and health surveillance system. This system assists in keeping record of recent injuries and apply it as a benchmark against OHSN standard system so as to devise better means of preventing or minimizing these accidents (CDC., 2014). The system has also been rolled out in Palmetto Hospital to serve the same ...
Cite this document
(“Promoting Healthy Workplace Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/nursing/627363-promoting-healthy-workplace
(Promoting Healthy Workplace Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words)
“Promoting Healthy Workplace Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/nursing/627363-promoting-healthy-workplace.
Human capital is basically the summation of knowledge, experience and qualification that is possessed by each employee and when discrimination takes the form of an obstruction, the human resource becomes unable to utilize its real potential; resultantly, the organizational goals are left unaccomplished.
In accordance with the case study, it can be viewed that information was getting shared electronically from the sales order system to the accounting system, but information was also getting shared manually through printouts by the accounting department to the sales team. The author states that more the numbers of manual transactions were taking place.
A recent study by the University of West Hampshire showed that eight hundred undergraduates between the ages of 18-24 were on course for development of chronic health diseases, including being overweight, obese, having high blood pressure and mineral deficiencies as a consequence of their diets1.
This report is all about understanding the primary and essential details regarding providing training and development to the working staff for better occupational health and safety measures within an organization. This is very important to be followed in the company because it helps in encouraging the working conditions.
The strength of Healthy People 2020 is exhibited in their public health goals which are more comprehensive and standard than those of other streamlined programs in existence. Other than this, the program has initiated a data driven system (Midgley,
Healthy living among people in a community is paramount for their survival and for those who will follow after them. It is crucial that people remain healthy in every way possible because the healthy people of today influence the way the people of tomorrow turn out to be.
2. When faced with an angry/hostile co-worker, be cautious enough to act in an objective manners and avoid responding in a manner that would make them feel that their hostility is effective. Instead act professionally by holding your breath and report
Conflicts have a general definition of the relational dispute between two individual or between groups. Conflict is known to be a normal part of human interactions, which presents no unusual characteristics, but highly depends on the move and perception towards its mitigation.