The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organization (JCAHO) describe negligence as lack of employing care in a careful or cautious manner the same way a vigilant individual would do in analogous conditions (Croke, 2003).
2. Difference between negligence and…
One of these is the failure to give appropriate care, and make referring patients to more specialized institutions depending on the seriousness of their ailment. Secondly, people today are more knowledgeable and well-versed regarding misconduct and negligence. Therefore, more nurses are finding themselves in trouble (Croke, 2003).
4. The National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB) would classify an individual who has graduated from college of nursing, obtained a nursing license, and first start practicing as a nurse as a non-specialized Registered Nurse (Croke, 2003).
6. There are a number of nursing negligence issues that lead to settlements or verdicts against nurses and in favor of patients/plaintiffs. Some of these include lack of corresponding sufficient data or information to doctors and other medical practitioners, and failure to conduct sufficient and evaluation of a patients medical condition (Croke, 2003).
8. The two types of nursing practice areas in a hospital that experience the highest incidence of negligence/malpractice include acute care institutions, and continuing care institutions such as rehabilitation centers. Those that represent less than 5% of such cases include organizations or groups specializing in peoples health within their homes, and independent practice (Croke, 2003).
9. Categories of nursing negligence that could result in a lawsuit include lack of working in accordance to values and principles that relate to care, and lack of employing and utilizing medical apparatus in an accountable and conscientious manner (Croke, 2003). The Chin v. St. Barnabas involved lack of utilizing medical apparatus in a conscientious manner (Case Estate of Chin v. St.Baranabas Medical Center, 1999).
10. There are a number of ways one can ensure s/he reduces personal exposure to nursing negligence/malpractice claims. It is important to desist from giving any views ...
Cite this document
(“N/A Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 words - 1”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/nursing/628842-na
(N/A Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words - 1)
“N/A Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 250 Words - 1”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/nursing/628842-na.
It is the beginning point whereby senior management determines what strategies will align the company goals with its vision and values. SWOTS, PEST are some of the tool employed. Strategic management on the other hand, entails specifying organization’s mission and vision, goals, objectives, values, roles and responsibilities of the organization.
According to Croke, negligence is a failure to take the appropriate responsibility or care on a person from injury or damage of similar kind. According to the nursing code of ethics, if a nurse leaves his
??slamming his laptop on the floor” portrays the anger and rage that is within him and hence the negative reaction brought forward in this case (Hennessy, 1992). Therefore, it can be concluded that the psychological analysis in Malik’s case is that of aggressive valence
contract of employment is an agreement between an employee and the employer and sets up the basis of the employment relationship including the pay, holidays, working hours, period of employment and other conditions of employment (Emerson, 2004). The contract can be made in
However, the student had no intention of stealing any kind of information. Taking a decision on this case is an example of a(n) _____ task
30. Teresa received an incentive and was in a good mood when she was driving back home. On the way, a
l moving in the same direction around a thrusting diagonal supported by a series of girders, also having four glazed volume which were standing about seven meters tall. Initially it was made of wood before being model with iron and glass. The Tatlin’s monument to the third