Ethical Decision Making in Arriving at a Caring Response

Ethical Decision Making in Arriving at a Caring Response Research Paper example
Masters
Research Paper
Nursing
Pages 10 (2510 words)
Download 0
Sometimes when money is the subject, ethics becomes the last priority. Therefore, within this ever-changing healthcare environment, clinical healthcare professionals are constantly encountering cases where they must make difficult choices in reference to their patients’ best interests. …

Introduction

Veracity deals with trust issues of medical practitioners. The first thing a healthcare professional does upon arriving at a caring response in the Memorial Medical Center is to collect the relevant information that clarifies the ethical conflict involving the basic principles of ethical dilemma that a patient is facing. At a caring response, a nurse practitioner establishes the specific ethical conflict or question that a patient is experiencing. At Memorial Medical Center, all medical professionals involved in attending a patient at a caring response must succinctly and clearly articulate the ethical issue in question and answer all the questions that arise. Note that, before resulting to disclose any information regarding veracity issues, it is advisable for a medic to consult the family members of the patient. These decisions may be technical such as cost effectiveness analysis and principle related alternatives such as distributive justice. Following the fact that there may be some competing values and goals, ensuring procedural level of fairness becomes the best method of ensuring social acceptance of decisions and moral demonstration of public accountability. In these kinds of situations, a professional health practitioner should not disclose any information regarding the identified ethical problem as doing so is against medical ethics ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Six-Step Process of Ethical Decision Making in Arriving at a Caring process
Healthcare managers have to deal with rising number of complex ethical predicaments in organizations. Independently they are unable to take ethical decisions in the absence of well-documented and communicated organizational decision-making outline. It is, therefore, important for the healthcare organizations to design, develop, and implement necessary policies, procedures and guidelines to help…
SCHOLARLY ETHICAL PAPER
These are some of the ethical questions that may confront a nurse and even other health professionals. The ethical goal of a health professional’s practice is to deliver a caring response given an ethical issue or question (Purtilo and Doherty, 2011, p. 25). 2.0. Relevance of the Ethical Issue on the Withdrawal of Life Support System The issue on whether it is ethical for nurses to assist…
Culturally Competent Ethical Decision Making
Her husband, Thomas was banking professional who was going through a period of serious financial crisis owing to the economic recession and resulting salary cuts. I came to know from Maya, her husband and his sister that she dearly wanted the baby to be born. As I could involve her into an intimate personal conversation, she told me that her parents were eagerly awaiting the birth of her second…
Decision Making in Practice
Overview Total Abdominal Hysterectomy (TAH) This refers to the excision of the uterus and cervix. This procedure is indicated in a variety of conditions including ovarian cancer, cervical dysplasia, pelvic relaxation, uterine prolapse, endometriosis and uterine fibroids (leiomyomas). About 10% of TAH is done for cancer, but the remaining 90% is performed due to non emergency and non cancerous…
Ethical Decision Making in Health Care
A conflict in the application of these choices presents an ethical dilemma that requires an ethical decision-making. Moreover, different health care professionals, clinical health care professionals, and value systems apply variant techniques in an ethical decision making process. Ideally, ethicists Kenyon and Congress derive five significant components that aid in arriving at an ethical and…
Clinical Decision Making
Fever frequently affects patients with haematological malignancies such as leukaemias, either as a part of the disease process itself or because of the chemotherapeutic drugs used in the treatment. To diagnose the cause, blood culture is mostly required for identification of causative bacteria or fungus. A nurse caring for a patient with acute leukaemia is many a time confronted with the clinical…
Carnaveli’s Decision Making Model
The effectiveness of a nurse’s role is achieved through the assessment of the social, physical, mental, and spiritual and health factors which define the needs of the patient. This paper is based on a clinical case study where the roles of nurses in assessment of the patient and related factors and decision making and practice are discussed. The discussion is based on Carnevali’s model of…