research paper on hiv in the miss delta

research paper on hiv in the miss delta Research Paper example
Masters
Research Paper
Nursing
Pages 4 (1004 words)
Download 0
HIV in the MISS Delta Name Institution Date HIV in the MISS Delta The Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is still a big problem in the United States. This is a human complication that is brought by a significant drop in CD4 cells which protect the body against attacks (Ciambrone, 2003)…

Introduction

Consequentially, the federal government has been instrumental in dealing with this situation. It has invested massive resources in treatment and research in finding a lasting cure (Mancoske and Smith, 2004). However, the epidemic continues to spread at a staggering rate. In controlling the situation, the Centers for Disease Control and prevention (CDC) has been instrumental in focusing on the progress in fighting the pandemic. While focusing on the Mississippi delta, CDC conducted research on the prevalence of the epidemic in the area. It was found out that Mississippi is an area highly affected with HIV. To control the situation, most of the organizations that deal with HIV and AIDS have decided to focus their attention in this area. According to statistics conducted in Mississippi in 2011, there are more males that are affected than females. The statistics state that 69% of the population affected with HIV (Schneidewind, 2011). On the other hand, only 31% are females affected with HIV. This shows that the spread of HIV among males is more than half when compared to females. Attention in Mississippi has been drawn to assist in reduction of spread amongst males. This has been successful as many organizations have started educational centers to sensitize the population. This has been doing well as the spread of HIV has been recording a drop. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Research Paper
He asks Molly, who is his backup, to get back to work as she was engaged in a chat even after lunchtime. Molly resorts to chatting claiming that Dan cannot boss her around. He thinks of reporting this to the floor supervisor, Mr. Davis who at that time was reviewing low performance of his employees and was thinking how to get the employees to become efficient. Evaluation of the Scenario Promoting…
Telehealth Nursing Research Paper
There is no psychiatrist available and the nearest facility is a one-hour drive away. St. Theresa is a Tri-State Health Care Alliance Member. Tri-State has telehealth links with the regional hospital, where a psychiatrist is in the emergency department. This essay examines the steps that would be taken to initiate a productive teleconference and considers broader theoretical elements in terms of…
Epidemiology Paper Research Paper
Reports reveal that around 33.2 million individuals were suffering with this disease in 2007 involving 2.5 million children also, it was calculated approximately that 2.5 million people got the fresh infection, of these 420,000 were children (AIDS epidemic Update). Reports of 2007 state that sub-Saharan Africa is the most affected area, where 68% people living with the disease and 76% deaths are…
Literature Support Research Paper
On the other hand secondary research approach is used in gathering existing data and information from secondary information materials on the topic under investigation. The primary methods of data collection will employ questionnaires and interviews as the most effective tools of data collection. Through interviews, patients who are prescribed to medical regimens will be asked questions by the…
Literature Support Research Paper
The primary methods of data collection entailed questionnaires and interviews. Through interviews, patients who are prescribed to medical regimens were asked questions by the investigator with a view of determining the behaviors that determine whether they adhere to their medical regimens or not. Furthermore, questionnaires were used to give patients sufficient time and privacy of answering…
Research on HIV
The refusal of HIV patients to face their illness is also another critical factor influencing the responses of people towards HIV patients and towards nurses being involved in the treatment of HIV. Statement of the Research Problem Current study focuses on the following research problem: Which has been the involvement of nurses in Mississippi delta in the treatment and the control of HIV among the…
Research Paper
Even with the government allocating relatively low funding to the national health care as part of measures to cut costs, Israel still managed to build a quality health care system ranked among the best in the world. Among the different medical areas, the country has performed exceptionally well in the diagnosis of chronic diseases thus preventing frequent hospitalizations unnecessarily. Such…