The emperor Julian 2) together with his half-brother Gallus was the only survivor of the mass purge and massacre of Constantine’s family; 3) remembered how he had been placed under the care of Mardonius, a enunch, perhaps a Gothic slave, whose puritan values and love of the…
ht the Alamanni (Germanic tribes) off guard and decimated their army of 30,000 capturing their king Chnodomar and killing 6,000 of his troops; 2) was proclaimed Augustus after being hoisted, Germanic fashion on a shield; 4) was designated as the new emperor by Constantius, who struck down, probably with malaria, died at the age of 44 in Cilicia.
14. Julian 2) that all tax collectors be reminded that after five years’ work they could be challenged to answer complaints of fraud; 4) hoped to establish a pagan priesthood of high moral integrity and exemplary standing.
16. Julian made a concerted effort 2) to leave Christians alone but to prefer pagans for official appointments; 3) to show how social neglect had aided the Christian triumph; 6) to restore the temple in Jerusalem
24. Ambrose of Milan 1) was consecrated as Bishop after he had been baptized and rushed through various ecclesiastical grades in 8 days; 4) molded Western Christian liturgy and hymnody in the direction of congregational life; 5) aimed at bringing prominent Illyrian bishops to trial for heresy before their fellow bishops and thus strike a decisive blow at Arian Christianity in the West.
3.Theodosuis: Since in the summer of 390, the inhabitants of Thessalonica rioted and killed one of his officers, he had the citizens invited to the amphitheater ostensibly for a special show, but then had them all massacred.
1.Ambrose: As the most influential cleric in the West in his time, he and not the Pope did more for the overthrow of Afrianism and paganism and for establishing the superiority of the Church over the State than anyone else.
28. Basil, the Great 1) was one of the venerable exemplars of orthodox doctrine and the ascetic way of life; 3) was strongly anti-subordinationist and remained an opponent of Sabellianism; 4) regarded the Pope as “stuck-up and haughty, seated somewhere up above and on that account unable to hear those on the ground, who were telling the truth.”
5. Augustine 3) ...
Cite this document
(“History of Christian Thought Review Questions Coursework”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/religion-and-theology/477102-history-of-christian-thought-review-questions
(History of Christian Thought Review Questions Coursework)
“History of Christian Thought Review Questions Coursework”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/religion-and-theology/477102-history-of-christian-thought-review-questions.
There are a huge variety of reasons for this trend in history. One is that China is relatively contiguous, featuring few major geographic boundaries that would form distinct provinces able to distance or defend themselves from each other, and yet is also relatively isolated from the rest of the world, with the Gobi Desert and the Mongolian highlands to the west, the Himalayas to the south west, tundra to the north, and only minor tropical kingdoms to the south east, not to mention the pacific ocean on the east.
African Americans responded to these changes by trying to develop self-definition (Henderson, 2007). Living amongst this was the family of Cedric and Jerrel. Cedric and Jerrel were the only children of Leonard, a Pentecostal preacher, and Sophia, a licensed practical nurse.
It opened a wider market for American products and services. It led to a fall of autocratic leadership as well as making the American population to increase. On the contrary, the purchase brought a lot of tension between slave and non-slave states. This means that
As a result of the changing technology, several inventions have been made to improve the peripheral devices. Amongst these include the use of graphics cards, Wireless Optical Mouse 5000 and superior Visioneer, Microtek, HP and Umax
The planning process should help to evaluate and identify what a business has achieved and the acquired resources. The planning process should also consist of an analysis of the organization’s economic,
Hamilton supported the need for the establishment of a credit system. He also encouraged the idea of making investment attractive to investors as it was a key ingredient for the growth of the economy. He also foresaw the need for more investment in the industrial sector.
3. These identities are created by the populations regarded to be subordinate in response to any oppression subjected to them. These identities are developed when the individuals feel excluded from a network of positive credentials, opportunities, and education. In page
In order to survive, some had to be men in disguise and be partisan of the fighting. With many husbands leaving for the war, some took on new roles at home while others acted as nurses and spies. The transition to a new face on the eve of the
3 Pages(750 words)Coursework
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Coursework on topic History of Christian Thought Review Questions for FREE!