The author of the essay "The Group Conflict" makes an interesting conclusion and gives his recommendations. He answers the question: "How to manage bullying in the workplace"?
Develop and implement a plan to reduce the risk of workplace bullying, which should include the following steps:
1. Develop a culture of support for employees by:
• Improving the quality of performance feedback, including informal development oriented feedback as well as corrective feedback
• Improving the availability of flexible working arrangements, and ensuring fair and reasonable treatment of staff
• Communicating openly at all levels, fostering a more engaging work environment through involvement of staff in decision-making processes that impact on their work
• Increasing accountability of management by setting targets/goals and ensuring effective reporting structures.
2. Write a policy or code of conduct, in consultation with employees
3. Provide training on the organization’s policies and procedures, and ensure that supervisors and managers have the skills to recognize and deal with inappropriate behavior. Create awareness about what bullying is, the warning signals and effects, why it is not tolerated and include this information during induction of new employees.
4. Develop complaint handling and investigation procedures and treat all complaints seriously.
5. Appoint a contact person for informal inquiries, concerns or complaints, so that actions can be taken early in the process to avoid unacceptable behavior escalating into workplace bullying.