They also have to put definite patterns that should be avoided - such as blaming, interrupting, crying out etc.
2. Ability to listen to the opinion of others is one of the most important features necessary to provide for effective communication. Persons need to listen to each other's opinion and take it into consideration. It is necessary to pay attention to the interests and wishes of other people.
3. Finding a common ground may be also useful for communication. Shared interests often help people better understand each other. It would be helpful if the people set definite issues and facts that they agree upon and these issues are to serve as the basis for future agreements.
4. One of the most effective mechanisms of solving the problems may be brainstorming. United efforts often help people find mutual understanding even if they have contradictory opinions. When a group of people works together upon solution of the problem, it allows finding the solution that would be profitable for all the members of the group.
5. Delivering discussions of individual opinion concerning solutions that were worked out by the group. It is necessary to exchange opinions and try to find a compromise that would be approved by everyone.
6. Coming to an agreement. ...
McShane and Von Glinow in their Organizational Behavior give the following scheme of conflict management:
1. Emphasize superordinate goals.
2. Reduce differentiation.
3. Improve communication/Understanding
4. Reduce task interdependence
5. Increase resources
6. Clarify rules and procedures (p. 229)
There are the authors that give effective solutions of how to resolve conflicts without violence and abuse. These methods are designed as to engage the opposite side into combined activity, which is to lead to forging the decision that would be satisfying for both sides that are opposite to each other. There are special programs that are helpful in resolving conflicts with colleagues at work. These programs are of a great importance in psychological trainings of the employers, as mutual understanding and tolerance directly influence the working process and performance. It is necessary that the employers are aware of strategies that would be helpful in competitive environment, as it would provide for their emotional security and stability, and be helpful in working performance.
David Hardcastle, a professor in social sciences that works over the solutions in resolving conflicts, says: "Co-workers who grate on each other's nerves don't clash with everyone at the office, just those they're most like. Those who quarrel may actually have very similar personalities". (qtd in Glicken) He made a questioner to examine why the conflicts at the office occur and interrogate the employers that were involved into the conflict cases at work. According to the results of his poll, the employers having these problems were very much alike, which helped in pointing out the features that may produce conflict and finding effective solutions of how to resolve conflict
Cite this document
(“How To Resolve Conflict Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/sociology/308294-how-to-resolve-conflict
(How To Resolve Conflict Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 Words)
“How To Resolve Conflict Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1250 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/sociology/308294-how-to-resolve-conflict.
Cited: 0 times
The studies of conflict resolution try to investigate the tools that could teach individuals how to communicate with other people and resolve communicational problems without violence or abuse. Modern programs include various schemes for all age and society groups to provide for effective communication…
They need a group of people, to work towards the same goal together, each having different skills and roles, which will play an important part in completing the task. Thus, the importance of groups rises in the world, in corporate as well as other aspects.
According to the research findings, it can, therefore, be said that the perception of the work environment and the description of characteristics of an enterprise are similar to an individual’s perception and description. Perception of the work environment in an organization can be referred as the psychological environment.
While a single approach may not be appropriate or relevant for some situations, it is prudent that an individual adopts a method of handling conflicts that may guide him/her on how to resolve confronting situations. Confidence is one of the fundamentals of conflict resolution, since it leads to sobriety and composure.
Conflicting values and/or interests is what leads to conflict. (DeVito 2004) According to Fiore, the effects of conflict in the workplace are both widespread and with expensive ramifications. Accordingly, 24-60% of the management time and energy is spent dealing with anger issues in the workplace.
MBTI can be used in any teamwork setting to determine how individual differences can guide behaviour. I was once involved in an engineering project where I had to work as part of a team. Everyone on the team had their own way of doing things and it was hard for some people
used by competition in accessing resources, jurisdictional ambiguities, personality differences, conflict of interests, power relations, incompatibility of goals, miscommunications or misunderstanding, and misperception.
Thomas and Kilmann (1974) posit differing theories of
Thus conflict is inevitable in the workplace. Individuals as they come together in a working team bring with them their opinions, attitudes and values that differ from others. These are precursors of conflict but can be managed to not have a negative consequence
a function of this, the given situation has been chosen as indicative of the current world and the likely ways in which identity theft and computer crimes are certain to take place. For purposes of analysis, the author will assume that a breach of patient data has occurred due