I however know where the fire department is located and I have ease in finding the staff and location. In case of an emergency, I would also reach them on their toll free number or line. Thus, I am confident I could reach all of them easily in case of an emergency.
3. In the on campus halls of residence, there are emergency bells located at different positions within the hostels. They are also strategically positioned so that anyone could easily reach them in case of an emergency to raise awareness on the emergency. There are also toll free lines to call the campus security in case of an emergency so that we would reach the necessary officers in case of an emergency.
4. In the past, all the visitors of hostels were required to register and give their identification cards at the entrance of the hostels. For instance, they were frisked and searched then they would register their driving licenses and state their purpose of visiting and how long they would be visiting the hostels. The same could be redone if the campus employs security officers at the entrance of the college hostels.
5. It will be a normal crime except for the fact that it would have involved a campus student. It would be treated as a normal crime and the police would treat it as any other case by investigating in liaison with the campus security.
6. I have not been formally trained on IU safety procedures and standards. However, I have learnt about them in the internet with the guidance of friends. Thus, in case of victimization I would report the matter to the security offices of the school and college without hesitation because of what I have learnt online (Howe and Strauss 18).
7. I would enroll in self-defense classes to ensure that I am physical prepared in case of anything. This is so because at times it may be difficult to get external help from the police officers and instead I would rely on my strength and skills. This would be a self-initiative in