Celebrity Chefs and Hospitality Industry

Masters
Essay
Technology
Pages 8 (2008 words)
Download 0
Whilst celebrity status is more prominent in the United States, the UK has enjoyed the talents of several outstanding chefs who are also restaurateurs that have achieved celebrity status. What defines a celebrity chef
Celebrity chefs are chefs who have published books on cookery as well as hosting their own television programmes, gaining popularity through their talent and public presence…

Introduction

Celebrity chefs have had a part in changing these trends for the better. In addition, celebrity chefs have brought the interest back into cookery at home with exciting and attractive, easy to prepare dishes that offer good nutrition as well as good flavour.
Celebrity chefs have not only entertained viewers for years, they have also begun to undertake educating the public regarding safe food handling, nutrition and other important issues that have fallen by the wayside in modern dual-income society. Their presence has made a positive impact in homes, schools and the hospitality industry by educating people about the foods they choose to eat, how they are prepared in the most nutritious manner, and the most beneficial combinations to eat to promote good health.
Recently the issue of safe food handling took centre stage; the public badly needed education regarding proper handling, cooking and storage temperatures. For a while, this took precedence after the April 2001 edition of the Environmental Health Journal (EHJ) published an article with the issue of hygiene being deemed underemphasized by celebrity chefs. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Fashion Industry
The usefulness also lies in the fact that they keep us moving in the life.…
Strategic Analysis: semiconductor industry
Each year, more than 100 state-level research projects undertakes around the world. "An appropriation of $20 million to match the semiconductor industry's support for the Focus Center Research Program, which supports pre-competitive research on microelectronics technology at 30 universities to ensure continued U.S. leadership throughout the remaining years of the CMOS era" ("Semiconductor industry…
Wi-Fi Implementation in Hospitality Industries
In order to keep up and competitive hotels and resorts they must consider what is happening in the world around them and looking for additional sourse, internet access is a key factor to attract business customer to hotels. Wi-Fi technology has quickly been adopted by hotels and resorts to keep up and competitive, improve quality of guest services, incrase revenue. In my project I will discuss…
Aircraft Industry
(Crocker, 2005:11). The Airbus Company was established in 1970 and has their headquarters located in Toulouse, France. After a resent restructuring, the company is known as AIC of which the European Aeronautics and Space Company EADS owns 80% and British Aerospace and Electrical System BEA owns the remaining 20%. The new EADS comprises; France's Aero spatial, German Daimler Chrysler Aerospace AG…
Hospitality Industry and ITC
The IT has brought the development to the hospitality industry.…
Telecom Industry
y) in between. (Sven. Wunder, 2003)…
Celebrity Chefs and Hospitality Industry
Celebrity chefs have had a part in changing these trends for the better. In addition, celebrity chefs have brought the interest back into cookery at home with exciting and attractive, easy to prepare dishes that offer good nutrition as well as good flavour.…