Intimate relations of close family members or incest are usually regarded as a taboo which may be disastrous.
5. Family status influences gender role in that the conduct of single and married people is different. Ethnic culture is another factor that affects gender roles whereby certain ethnic backgrounds may be passive than others and vice versa.
7. Leadership in tribes is uncentralized due to lack or very little forms of stratification. In case stratification is present, the leadership in place determines its level. On the other hand, chiefdoms are centralized with highly regarded and exalted leaders. Therefore, the leader has more control over subjects in his domain more than at the tribe level.
8. Formal means of social regulation or control refers to the external undertakings by civil authority to deter development or establishment of anomie within the society. On the contrary, the informal means alludes to socialization which causes internalization of values that impart morally accepted behaviors within the society.
9. Both these rites have great importance attached to them because they usually bring the community closer when they are being undertaken. In this regards, they serve a means of improving relationships among people and creating harmony within a community.
10. One way in which religion and magic are similar is use of rituals. Rituals are actions or undertakings which are accompanied by vague chanting. Secondly, these two also have unique symbols that are both mystical and spiritual. These symbols are routinely used during the time of rituals. Besides, these two also believe in the contagion principle where there is continued connection and communication between two objects that had been in contact and are separated.
11. One of the functions of revitalization cults is to deliver the followers from deprivation which is political in nature. This is important for amelioration