Process of doing Science in "Your Inner Fish" - Essay Example


Extract of sample
Process of doing Science in "Your Inner Fish"

Shubin begins chapter one by explain the hierarchy of living things and their connection with fossils that existed billions of years ago. The making of science begins with an inquisitive thought. He asks “How can we visualize events that happened millions and, in many cases, billions of years ago” (Shubin 13). Although he claims that 99 percent of all the original species does not exist anymore, our understanding of the present 1 percent is a good precursor to the other 99 percent. By use of inquisitive science, he uses the zoo as a good laboratory for observation. According to the observation, all the amphibians share a similar vertebrae pattern. By inference, all the living organisms share a common ancestor due to the similarity in body structure. It also took experimental science to gather the pieces of evidence together. According to him, “It took us six years to find it, but this fossil confirmed a prediction of paleontology” (Shubin 15). It is interesting how real life observation of common phenomenon can be combined with practical investigation to come up with a new set of truth. This is the art of making science. At times, discoveries are made in the process of carrying out our daily lives. For instance, Shubin illustrated how he discovered the uniqueness of a man’s hand during his anatomy classes. ...
Download paper


Process of doing Science in “Your Inner Fish” It is amazing how the world came to happen and how everything in the universe came into being. Many theorists have come with so many theories and explanations of how everything was formed. However, Shubin comes with a unique and interesting way of discovering and explaining the origin and evolution of man…
Author : nelskoepp
Download 2
Got a tricky question? Receive an answer from students like you! Try us!