Culture Sensitivity: A Tryst at a Hospital - Essay Example

Only on StudentShare

Extract of sample
Culture Sensitivity: A Tryst at a Hospital

At the centre of all these powerful forces is a unique individual with her own personality, needs, hopes and fears" (Russell-Roberts, 2005).
This article attempts to analyze one hospital encounter, in the perspective of cross-cultural sensitivity and the pertinent question 'have the patients or families of patients been harmed or disadvantaged'(NHS Code of Conduct); the positive features and the negative features experienced by the public and scope for improvement, if any.
D-Day Preparations: Aparajitha and Kedar are qualified engineers of Indian origin, married to each other and residing in in the suburbs of London. When Aparajitha became pregnant, she had regular check-ups to ensure that all was well. Both attended the parental education classes conducted by the local hospital and regularly followed the instructions given by the health-care persons; and duly had the findings recorded in the 'Detailed Care Record'. Aparajitha's parents arrived in there, well in advance of the expected date of delivery, to offer support and help.
Start of Labor pain & Hospitalization: When Aparajitha started experiencing labour pains, Kedar duly informed the hospital and made the necessary arrangements; he also informed his parents-in-law that he will arrive at the hospital, as early as possible, after discharging some emergency duties ...Show more

Summary

Introduction: The United Kingdom has always attracted people from varied countries and cultures. The social fabric of United Kingdom, therefore, is interwoven with people from various continents and their cultural practices; it acquires a special significance in health-care sectors because, health-care centres are sought by one and all…
Author : ashton56
Save Your Time for More Important Things
Let us write or edit the essay on your topic
"Culture Sensitivity: A Tryst at a Hospital"
with a personal 20% discount.
Grab the best paper

Related Essays

Culture
Culture throughout history has dictated beliefs, behaviors, and other characteristics familiar to the associates of a particular community. A person’s culture includes many societal aspects such as language, customs, values, rules, and technologies. Differences in culture mean diverse cultures having various values in which they believe in.
3 pages (750 words) Essay
Dekalb Hospital Site Description
It offers services to acute care type of patients with a primary focus on pharmaceutical care. Its patient population is majorly adults, forming 70 percent while geriatric type of patients forms the remaining 30 percent. The hospital has six pharmacists. While five of these work on a full time basis, on an average of between 30 to 40 hours in a week, the remaining one works on a part time basis at a labor hour rate of 20 hours in a week.
4 pages (1000 words) Essay
Culture
Concepts regarding health and medicine are deeply entrenched in culture. Every culture has existing perception regarding health care provision, diseases, treatment, as well as health in general. In the recent past, a lot of research on how culture affects health care provision and medicine has been going on.
3 pages (750 words) Essay
KOSAIR'S Childrens Hospital
The pediatric care services provide all kinds of medical problems and care designs that affect kids. Notably, not all kids experience same medical problems experienced by adults. Therefore, different children’s hospitals offer different and varied specialized medical services to kids.
5 pages (1250 words) Assignment
Microbiology : Culture and Sensitivity
A microbiologist identifies the most appropriate culture technique for the sample. The technique of culturing denotes the process of providing an organism with appropriate growth conditions and allowing it to reproduce. After growth of the organism on the selected media occurs, an identification process takes place.
8 pages (2000 words) Essay
Find out how much would it cost
to get a custom paper written by a pro under your requirements!
Win a special DISCOUNT!
Put in your e-mail and click the button with your lucky finger
Your email
YOUR PRIZE:
Apply my DISCOUNT