1. I should more aggressive in fulfilling what I want to achieve in life. I should be assertive of my rights, and I should be submissive to the rule and policies of the schools.
2. I should be more assertive of my right to be heard when I am accused of something that I have not done. I should be less passive when I feeling that my rights are being trampled.
3. I should be more assertive in expressing what I want to do. I should be less aggressive when explaining my points.
1. When you were late for the third time and I feel all right because you were always apologetic.
2. When you raise your price in the clinic, I feel unhappy because I cannot afford the price anymore.
3. When you complained of not getting the result, I feel frustrated because you did not implement what were recommended.
4. When my partner leaves his dishes in the sink after coming home late from work, I feel irritated because he continued to do so for a week.
5. When you borrow my car, I feel irritated because you left it without petroleum.
1. A situation where I said yes but would have wanted to say no was when I was asked to donate some money for a non-governmental organization.
2. I wished to say no because I was afraid I will be short of money.
3. I decided to say yes because I do not want to disappoint the expectations my classmates.
4. I felt good because I have something good for humanity and that I did not embarrass my classmate.
5. I feel that I earned his respect.
6. I would have preferred saying yes. After all I can ask from my parent additional allowance for school.
1. Active listening reduces the defensiveness of the other person because when one is actively listening he can effectively employ...
Where in her childhood a woman experienced humiliation or never appreciated or recognized for what she had done or said she will not feel comfortable of expressing her thoughts even when she becomes older.
3. Language is a barrier to assertion. When a person cannot express his thoughts and his ideas because he does not have ample language facility he cannot assert his point. It is important therefore that a person must have a rich world bank so that he can competently express what he has in his mind.
1. Active listening reduces the defensiveness of the other person because when one is actively listening he can effectively employ different skills that would physiologically and psychologically encourage the speaker. The listener can be persist, or negotiate or employ the three-part messages of assertion.
Scenario 1: There is the need fro active listening and assertion. As soon as the client is ready to listen there is the need to explain the process and explore on the needs. The client must collaborate and must be patient undergo the process of treatment. He should be willing to put his trust. Mapping can be utilized in this situation.
Scenario 2: There is the need to come up with an action plan that must be implemented or carried out so that it would be clear who would work on it, how it should be done, and when it shou