Apart from these emissions, man's industries also went ahead towards emission of various other gases that resulted in decreasing ozone layer and the protection built that nature has built around the earth. The natural causes that encouraged life on earth were getting destroyed by these artificial sources.
Global Warming is a much talked about topic, discussed in many international and national forums, so much so that people have come to accept it as a part of life which is very dangerous. The effects of global warming is still in the laboratory; so is the cause of global warming and the extent to which it will affect human life and the environment. This paper tries to explore the various effects, the lobby that has helped to build up the needed hype to draw attention to the issues. Finally, we also analyze the reasons behind the Global Warming and the methods to counter it and the need to counter it (Global Warming, 1999)..
Global Warming is due to what is known as the Green House effect. The green house effect occurs because of the reason that the emitted carbon monoxide and the associated gases that are hot rise to the top of the atmosphere and do not allow the heat of the earth to radiate and lose itself. This results in the green house effect and the global warming. There are a number of contributors to the green house effect. ...
More and more work is being done and research carried out to say yes or no on the issue of global warming. But it is very true that there are carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide emissions that are affecting the atmosphere and its constituents. The global warming is observed by some of the indicators listed below.
1. Diseases. With an increase in temperature, the bacteria and the virus seem to be breeding themselves out. This would increase the outbreak of various diseases new and old. An increased number of disease outbreak would also indicate an increased temperature in the air.
2. Early arrival of spring, heavy rains, floods and snowfall are all considered as a result of global warming.
3. Droughts at other places and forest fires that devastate vast extents of forest areas.
4. Bleaching of coral reef, sudden change in animal population and change in their range of operation.
All these point to a rise in temperature in the atmosphere leading to a global warming. There are also people who provide an opposite view of the global warming. According to them, (Consumer Alert, 2000) there are evidences that would substantiate their claims that there are no noticeable Global Warming or something that mankind should be working overtime on (Jason Lee Steorts, 2006).
1. Temperature of the atmosphere has been measured using the satellite navigational temperature measuring meters which resulted in noting that there are no significant raise in the temperature in the last 18 years. There is no global warming as is being portrayed.
2. Nearly 98% of the gases that are emitted and that cause green house effect are not effluents of the industries or manufacturing. They are mostly natural sources mostly water vapor that contribute to the greenhouse