One of the best helicopter company in the world, the Bell helicopter company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Textron Incorporated. The company have over 50 year's experience of testing and flight innovation (Bell helicopter, 2006). The company makes commercial and military helicopters and tiltrotor aircraft…
Bell aircraft can be found flying in over 120 nations accumulating fleet time at a rate in excess of ten flight hours every minute of the day (Bell helicopter, 2005).
1. Bell helicopter company offers a team of product support engineers and customer service representatives, fluent in many languages, who are available for the whole day and whole week to assist customers around the world, thus allowing timely diagnosis of a problem and appropriate solution.
2. Bell Helicopter Company warrants each overhauled or exchanged component to be free from defect in material or workmanship under normal use and service. Sellers' sole obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement or repair of parts which are determined to sellers' reasonable satisfaction to have been defective within 1500 hours or operation or two calendar years after installation whichever comes first and reimbursement of reasonable freight charges (bellhelicopter.com).
3. Although the company is equipped with impressive manufacturing facilities, it depends on many North American and foreign suppliers who provide more than 500 million dollars worth of components or services annually.
4. 4. The material team is composed of seasoned aerospace industry professionals who, by closely working with suppliers, ensure constant availability of quality supplies, to benefit both company's operations and its clients, while minimizing the inventory cost and the total purchase cost of these parts.
5. Aeronautical accessories Inc. provides aeronautical accessories designs, certifies, manufactures and markets a wide selection of quality helicopter parts and accessories for manufacturers including Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, and others. The company supplies products directly to helicopter manufacturers for installation on new aircraft and to helicopter operators worldwide. Rotor Blade Inc. supports bell operators with quality blade repairs. RBI offers a 3-year, 2000 hour prorated warranty on every blade repair.
6. Bell Helicopter Company uses state-of-the-art equipment such as computerized and personalized systems for flight tests (CAFTA) or for new product design (CATIA) to meet its stringent requirements. The BHTCL Engineering Department possesses a unique helicopter-technology expertise.
7. The purpose of Quality Assurance in Bell is to provide total confidence that the finished product meets or exceeds given Federal Aviation or ISO 9001 regulations and that the product has been manufactured in conformity with Bell Helicopter Quality Standards.
8. The functions of Quality Assurance consist in quality-system evaluation of suppliers to ensure they fulfil company's requirements, receiving inspection, aircraft certification, non-destructive testing, gauge calibrating and corrective and preventive action programs. Quality Assurance is responsible for maintaining manufacturer approval on behalf of Transport Canada and is also responsible for the Aircraft Maintenance Organization.
9. Bell Helicopter is committed to airborne law enforcement, corporate, EMS, and Energy/Utility markets. Bell provides a specialist to ensure that customers have someone to rely on for their specific needs (2006).
10. For cost effectiveness in manufacturing, the company uses Business Objects to improve assembly operation ...
Cite this document
(“Operations Management of Bell Helicopter Company Essay”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/309505-operations-management-of-bell-helicopter-company
(Operations Management of Bell Helicopter Company Essay)
“Operations Management of Bell Helicopter Company Essay”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/309505-operations-management-of-bell-helicopter-company.
This research aims to evaluate and present operations management of Airbus Company. The report will cover the following: issues that require investigation; objectives that would assist in evaluation of recommendations; operation management techniques; lessons learned from part three analysis; future analysis prospects.
Activities in an organization can be divided into operations and projects. Whilst operations are ongoing, repetitive and continuous activities in any organization for example finance, accounting, and production. As a consequence, all the efforts of the organization are channeled towards maintenance of operations so as to maintain quality and remain competitive in a globalised environment (Tandoc, 2010:78).
J. Heinz Co 14 2.1.1 Definition of Lean Production 14 2.1.2 H. J. Heinz Co’s Lean Production 18 2.2 Analysis of H. J. Heinz Co’s Value Chain 27 2.2.1 Waste Management 28 2.2.2 Recommendation 35 2.3 Impact & Justification of Recommendations 39 2.3.1 Impact on H.
In essence, the area of operations management involves whole responsibility of ensuring that the business activities and processes are efficient (EDITORS OF TIME OUT, 2011). The efficiency can be ensured by proper utilization of resources to avoid wastage and achieve the desired goals, which should be inclined to clientele demands.
The sourcing of the materials and components, as well as the assembly, quality checking, packing and dispatch operations are to be handled by overseas vendors. The company aims to cater to markets worldwide. The target date for the product launch is set at 15 months, and the sales target is set at around US$ 1 billion for the first six months (0.5 million units @ 1100 UK pounds each), which will gradually rise to 4 million units per year in the next 2 years.
Service operation management is very different from manufacturing operations management. Service operations management entails fulfilling the end user’s needs and creating a suitable environment for the workers so that they can produce the required specifications of the use. Manufacturing operations management entails producing the required commodity required by the end user.
The efficiency can be ensured by proper utilization of resources to avoid wastage and achieve the desired goals, which should be inclined to clientele demands. In addition, it encompasses proper overseeing of
This experiment seeks to dissect all the possible attributes that can increase the efficiency of the PHC helicopter in terms of limited flight time. The task involves planning, running, analyzing and reporting the results of
4 Pages(1000 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Operations Management of Bell Helicopter Company for FREE!