1). It is the common cause of death from cancer for NSW women, 862 deaths in 2001 (ibid.). In Victoria, figures for 2007 showed an incidence of 3,188 new cases per 100,000 population with 708 deaths (www.cancervic.org.au, 2007, p. 12).
One in eleven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer before the age of 75 (www.cancerscreening.gov.au). It is a leading cause of death among women in 45-55 age bracket (www.imaginis.com, 2010, p. 1). The lifetime chance of ever developing breast cancer is 4.8% in developed Western countries (due to higher hormone use) but only 1.8% in poorer countries. By age groups, those below 20 years old have the lowest prevalence (1 in 1,985). Those in older age groups have higher prevalence rates of 1 in 37 by age 50; 1 in 26 by age 60 and 1 in 24 by age 70. The greatest risk factors for breast cancer are gender (being a woman) and age (by simply growing older) with about 90% of cases due to the ageing process and not due to heredity (www.breastcancer.org, 2010, p. 1).
Some 14,000 women will be diagnosed with the disease this year; this makes it the most common cancer among Australian women (BCNA, 2010, p. 1). There is hope, however, as latest statistics indicated a 5-year survival rate of 88%. The average age of a first diagnosis is 60 years old but 75% of new cases develop in women who are 50 years old or older; while women with higher incomes have a higher incidence rate compared to lower-income women (134 vs. 110 but 21.1 overall deaths per 100,000 population). Over 70% of cases diagnosed occur in women aged 50 or older but those women aged 50-69 can reduce chances of dying by 30% if they opt to have a breast screen once every two years (www.bcig.org.au, 2009, p. 1). About 95% of all breast cancer cases occurred in women aged 40 or older but there is an observed decrease in women aged 80 and above ...
Cite this document
(“Breast cancer Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/406984-breast-cancer
(Breast Cancer Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 Words)
“Breast Cancer Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 Words”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/miscellaneous/406984-breast-cancer.
Operable breast cancer is characterized by the presence of malignant cells within the milk ducts and other regions of the breast, which sometimes may include the local lymph nodes. The lumps or growths can be removed surgically provided that at the time of operation the patient does not have overt metastases.
This paper will throw light upon breast cancer and its origin in men and how it affects the body balance. Description and definition of Breast Cancer According to a study, breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer second to only lung cancer, which tops the list as the most common type of cancer.
Singapore, an island country, which is often considered to be a practitioner of an effective and globally recognized healthcare system, has also been deciphering concerns on the rising incidence rates of breast cancer in the global platform. In order to provide a convenient healthcare system within the country, the Singaporean government has considerably extended their line of hospitals in the dimensions facing higher risks of breast cancer.
3. Define objective. The public service announcement is geared to raising public awareness on what happens during and after breast cancer treatment. For the husband of women with breast cancer, the objective is for them to understand what their spouses are going through in order for them to offer emotional and intellectual support.
f specifically known efficient and effective medical ways of utterly treating or eradicating cancer, scientists are ever searching relevant and highly effective solution to cancer diseases. Scientists are applying different and numerous scientific methods towards enhancing
BRCA-1 is a gene normally found on the 17th chromosome, a healthy BRCA-1 will always suppresses a tumor growth. Improper functioning or loss of the function of this gene will result to cancer or increase the chances of getting cancer (Halyard
nic Disease Prevention and Healthy Living Branch, my major subject of concern lies on the pilot program on, the novel faith community based program, which is about increasing screening of breast cancer (Epstein 104).
The program aims at increasing the number of novel cases of