Health care costs in the United States despite it being such a successfully industrialized country are very costly and simply unaffordable by many people without insurance. This is an irony coming from a super power country who cannot afford to subsidize the health care costs to…
The three most important things US should think about when it comes to health care like most countries do are costs, quality and accessibility. If the costs are too high limiting accessibility to the poor population, then quality does not matter because even if the hospitals offer the best quality in terms of technology and medical researches, then it will not benefit those who need it. Individuals in the US spend an average of $8,000 on healthcare annually. This is compared to Netherlands which spends annually an average of $4,000 on the same healthcare. This high costs of healthcare in the US is what basically limits majority of the people to access the highly modernized hospital services and opt to visit clinics when they are sick (Niles, 2011).
The major funder of healthcare in the US is the private insurance while in the Netherlands is social insurance program that taps into the sickness fund which funds over 60% of its population with the remaining 40% being funded by private insurance whose costs are subsidized depending on age, sex and employer (Hall, 2011). In the US, the major provider of healthcare is private insurance whose services depend on the payment the patient makes. For the poor patients therefore and who cannot afford proper health coverage, they depend on the government insurance Medicare (for those above 65 years) and Medicaid for the rest. Medicaid have low fees and high administrative bureaucracy and hence many physicians do not like such patients leaving the poor population without healthcare funding and the middle class with the option of paying for services according to the money they can afford (Niles, 2011).
The price of drugs in the US is also appalling compared to that in the Netherlands. There is also an increase in the prescription of drugs and drug utilization in the US which further increases the overall ...
Cite this document
(“Comparison of U.S./Other Healthcare System Essay”, n.d.)
Retrieved from https://studentshare.net/nursing/617242-comparison-of-usother-healthcare-system
(Comparison of U.S./Other Healthcare System Essay)
“Comparison of U.S./Other Healthcare System Essay”, n.d. https://studentshare.net/nursing/617242-comparison-of-usother-healthcare-system.
WHO Framework and Healthcare System of U.K. The governments world over are making concerted efforts to improve health outcomes. Private sectors, non-government organizations are deployed to harness the available resources to provide effective and efficient healthcare services.
Billions of dollars are spent by the pharmaceutical companies to convince the US citizens to rely on drugs offered by the companies while the insurance health companies are provided with an opportunity to make billions of dollars by significantly reducing the quality of health care.
Health Statistics and Costs: Comparison between US and Spain The US spends 17% of Gross domestic product (GDP) and a per capita expenditure of $3, 795 per person on healthcare costs, higher compared with Spain’s 9.6% GDP expenditure and $2, 258 per person (WHO, 2012).
The death spiral is due to the emergence of various adverse selections in the emerging insurance policies where the lower risk policyholders choose to change policies, due to the increased insurance costs, to be uninsured (Herzlinger & Jeff 26).
ver, a detailed analysis reveals that close to all countries have healthcare systems that are battling with rising costs and inaccessibility to care (Tanner, 2008). This paper is set to analyze the healthcare system of the U.S and how it is delivered to its citizens in
There is a need to try and find the right policy plans in order to allow these healthcare organizations to improve on healthcare delivery in the United States (Garber & AHA, 2006). That being said, it is crucial to look at
However, the multi-layer system has been critically challenged because it does not foster an equitable distribution of resources. The United States have been urged to follow the example of Canada that has maintained a single-tier health care system.
The proper administration and building of a reliable health care system have been put as a major and current challenge to professional who has been given the mandate to handle the various constraints available worldwide. In Brazil, every citizen has a right to access medical services since a new healthcare policy was drafted in the late 80’s.
7 Pages(1750 words)Essay
GOT A TRICKY QUESTION? RECEIVE AN ANSWER FROM STUDENTS LIKE YOU!
Let us find you another Essay on topic Comparison of U.S./Other Healthcare System for FREE!