The internal analysis of the company has made it evident that the principal reason behind their declining market share is lack of innovation. Apple is best known for innovative and breakthrough products, but since the last couple of years the company is failing to satisfy customer expectations. On the contrary, Samsung has been able to secure the elite position in the smart phone segment through innovative design and aggressive marketing strategy. Despite creating hype, the latest offering from Apple, iphone 5, failed miserably in the market. Hence, the only solution for Apple is to come up with a new strategy that supports expansion of the business operations and fosters innovation. Discussion Reports suggest that currently Samsung holds 47% of the market share in the smart phone category and Apple holds 38%. However, the scenario was completely different in the last year. Apple was the market leader with 73% share, while Samsung and other companies embraced remaining 27% share. Figure 1 – Smart phone market Share Comparison of 2012 and 2013. The drastic shift in the market share figures of Apple makes it obvious that “something went wrong” for the company. A number of studies shed light on the fact that lack of innovation is the major cause of their failure. Moreover, the smart phone product line of Apple has also remained unchanged since its launch in 2006. The new versions were launched only with some add-on features and applications. However, to satisfy the dynamic needs of customers as well as tap new customer segments, it is necessary to offer enhanced and trendy products. The classic example of Nokia’s failure in the market due to the lack of innovation clearly substantiates the current state of Apple. ...Show more
The demographic shift presents business houses with unique and complex challenges. There are hardly any companies in the world that operate in the market without facing threats from the business environment…
Apple has managed to expand its market because it advertises its goods online. This is because many individuals spend most of their time using computers when working or during their leisure times. There are many categories of online advertisements used by the company.
Not all Apple products managed to have immense market value immediately after their release e.g. Apple iPod. Many of these products showed a rapid increase in their sale few years after their release, thanks to the informed decisions made and prudent marketing strategies adopted by the Apple Company.
Essay about Apple Company Contents Introduction 3 Internal Environment of Apple Company 4 External Environment of Apple Company 6 Conclusions 8 References 10 Introduction A business organisation to successfully operate in the competitive business environment must render adequate focus on both the external and internal business factors.
The main focus of the study is proposing a recommendation of the entry strategy of Apple into the Chilean market. The study will start with a brief introduction of Apple Inc and its products. It will reflect the recent internal problems of the company and the targeted customers.
it endeavors to: 1. Identify the strategies that have kept Apple Inc ahead of competition. 2. To analyze the strategies developed by Apple Inc 3. Develop a critical view and evaluation of the competitive strategies by Apple Inc. 4. Establish recommendations that will see the company keep up with change.
The company's software applications include Mac OS, iLife, iWork, and internet applications like Safari and QuickTime, among others. The company mainly operates in the US. It is head quartered in Cupertino, California and employs 21,600 employees. The company recorded revenues of $24,006 million during the fiscal year ended September 2007, an increase of 24.3% over 2006.
The suggested course of action was also benchmarked with prevailing recommendations.
1. Company Profile - Apple Inc. is a company engaged in the design, manufacturing and marketing of various electronic products ranging from personal computers, portable digital music players and mobile communication (Apple Inc., 2007, p.1).
It will reflect the recent internal problems of the company and the targeted customers. The study will also reflect the position of trade and business between United States and Chile, followed by the background of the Chilean mobile phone market. The study will
in danger of developing substance abuse disorder, liver and kidney diseases and other diseases related with alcoholism and through many accidents caused by drunkenness.
Last year, there were 500 new cases of substance abuse mental disorder related to excess regular alcohol