Property Law Bachelor Essay

Undergraduate
Essay
Miscellaneous
Pages 8 (2008 words)
Download 0
1. Don and Gill are father and daughter. Gill began relationship with Bob and decided to live together. Don, Gill and Bob together purchased a flat. Don paid 15% of the price money and remaining 85% was paid by Gill and Bob together by securing loan. The title of the flat was conveyed in the name of Don alone.

Introduction

Gill was not aware of this will. Don died without altering his will to give effect to his promise to inherit his property to his daughter Gill.
3. Gill and Bob were thought of buying other property in their name. But they decided to live in the same flat, which is in the name of Don. When Don promised that Gill would inherit all his property Bob has paid the remaining installments of the loan amount from legacy, which he received after the death of his aunt. He also spent on re-decoration and re-fittings of the flat out of his legacy.
Now three issues arisen out of the facts stated above they are 1. Whether Gill can claim the flat under an implied trust 2. Whether Gill can make a proprietary estoppel claim in respect of Don's promise to leave his property to her, 3. Whether Bob could make any claim regarding the flat if he and Gill separated. These issues can be dealt as following:
The remedy to these issues lies in the law of Property. The law provides for rights over property. Those rights are legal and equitable rights. Trust creates equitable rights. Common law recognizes legal rights. Equitable rights are also enforceable in common law but they are enforceable in personam, i.e. they are enforceable against only a particular person i.e. particular trustee. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Law Bachelor Essay
During 2003 the life of an Aboriginal artist, Albert Namatjira, was celebrated in a number of ways, including an exhibition in the Art Gallery of South Australia of his paintings from the 1930's to 1958. Albert Namatjira had a number of relatives who also produced similar paintings of varying quality. Albert's paintings are more valuable than those of other family members.…
Commercial Law Bachelor Essay
Dotty has a right for the goods bought together with the premise and may sue to specific performance. It allows the buyer to sue for specific performance when the goods are specific. The remedy is discretionary and will only be granted if the goods are of special value or unique in their nature like the antique furniture.…
BUSINESS LAW Bachelor Essay
Sagay, I.E., (1993) defined an offer in his book, Nigerian of contract as " a definite undertaking or promise made by one part with the intention that it shall become binding on the party making it as soon as it is accepted by the party to whom it is addressed".…
Company Law Bachelor Essay
It is imperative that there be well-established rules for companies to follow as they navigate the course of the growth. To quote Demotti1:…
Property Law Bachelor Essay
Gill was not aware of this will. Don died without altering his will to give effect to his promise to inherit his property to his daughter Gill.…
Managing Property Businesses Bachelor Essay
Organizations are looking to make better use of resources that they have, whether by saving a step in a business process or by improving linkages with their business partners. Organizations are looking to get more out of the resources they have in place so they can be freed up to generate additional opportunity. They want to reduce their operating costs so that they can invest in growth and…
Information Law Bachelor Essay
Notwithstanding these significant success chucked, a few years down the line the Act has generated mixed feelings and also generated unprecedented public interest. It is against this background that the central focus of this essay will be to conduct an exhaustive analysis of the most contending issues in the Data Protection Act 2000 within the context of the application of it to contemporary…