1) One of the key issues has been the taste of the chocolates manufactured by the company. Thorntons' range of the continental chocolates has made the company largest selling specialist of assortment chocolates in the UK.
3) One of the major issues based on the personal feelings is the policy of the company's management, which is more oriented to the old culture of the Thorntons' business style.
The other companies make greater use of the vegetable oil, which result in the better shelf life of their product.
4) The other key issue is that the company's chocolates are seasoned. For example the box chocolates show the sales of almost 35% during the period of 10 weeks before the Christmas, a further 10% are for the Easter, including three million Easter eggs. Typically the company sells almost 10m in last 72 hours of Christmas.
5) Chocolates of the company are hand made this makes the process of automated packing difficult for the boxed chocolate. The other companies on the other hand like Cadburys make moulded chocolates, which makes the automated packing easier.
6) Thornton's long-term strategy included vertical integration and product differentiation. This means the top person in the company belonged to a particular family. The product differentiation apart from the taste of the chocolate was also marked by the freshness of the chocolate.
the company that has made such a huge selling of their product. Also freshness has been receiving the top priority. It is these factors, which laid strong foundation stone of the company for it future growth and expansion.
of Thorntons'chocolates. ...