Please boost your Plan to download papers
Personal Statement sample - Ronald Dworkin's views
Pages 3 (753 words)
1) Should people have the right to do the wrong thing' After all, everyone should be free to do whatever he or she wish to do, according to liberals. Should people have the right to do what may be considered /or is wrong for the majority of their fellow beings'
4) Mill Stuart's ideas on freedom of ideas may be better choice. Though it doesn't completely agrees with it, it does agree with the idea of allowing the free flow of ideas so for complete human development as one doesn't know what will turn out to be beneficial for human beings in future. Thus human beings, their society and their civilization to complete flourish, free flow of all kinds of ideas should be allowed
5) If we give value to free expression, then any law prohibiting free expression or dictating to people to live their lives in certain manners should be prohibited/banned. However, it can argued that certain free expression may lead to social destruction, and thus the law continues to be implemented. But then, we don't know, as Mill's said, what sort of ideas will be beneficial for human beings and what shouldn't be. And thus for complete development, all ideas must be allowed to be circulated.
6) But in order to ban pornography one needs to being in evidence showing the harm caused by increase of pornography. However, the committee has been unable to bring in any such evidence. Restriction is not much of problem as it doesn't seriously curtail the ideas that pornography might contribute to society
7) This report is goal based. It seeks not a definite goal but a goal where most people have what they want. ...
Not exactly what