Help on creating your best Personal Statement
A Personal Statement usually is a short reflective essay written to prove you are a perfect candidate for the undergraduate degree course(s) you are applying to. Those types of writing sometimes are also called “application essays” or “statements of purpose.” Evidently, some applications ask more specific questions than others. They might vary in length, form and what they focus on, autobiography or professional accomplishments. Thus, before writing you need to examine the requirements precisely.
How to write a Personal Statement
Even though there is no definitive one-method-fits-all approach to writing a personal statement, there are few stages you should definitely go through before writing.
- Perform a thorough research of the school and program to which you are applying
- Analyze the question(s) asked on a specific application
- Take a personal inventory and write down 2-3 sentence response to each question, like
- What differs you from other applicants, why are you unique?
- What attracts you to the chosen field of study?
- How has your undergraduate academic experience prepared you for graduate/professional school?
- What are your significant academic accomplishments?
- What research have you conducted? What did you learn from it?
- What are your career plans and how this specific education will help?
- Write your essay, revise it for form and content.
The most important thing in writing a Personal Statement is remembering to do it specifically for the chosen programme. Thus, should you apply to several institutions or courses, you’d need to write a unique Personal Statement for each of them.
How can StudentShare become in handy?
Should you find yourself stuck at the first sentence of your Personal Statement, you’d probably want to see how this type of work was done by other students to get ideas. Surely, you cannot copy somebody else's accomplishments or life story. Still, you might get inspired, learn the structure and the style of writing, used to convince the committee.
StudentShare database owns more than 10,000 winning personal statements examples you can use as teaching materials or as a source of inspiration. Still, if you happen to have no inspiration or time to complete your work, go on and try our writing service. Make our top writers work for you under your requirements and the most strict deadlines!