I. What is Distance Learning?
a) Separation by Distance.
1. This is a situation whereby teaching learning takes place while the teacher and
the students are separated by distance.
b) Delivery of Instructions.
1. This is a situation whereby the instructions are delivered to the student via
computer technology, video, print or voice.
c) Interactive Communication.
1. In distance learning the teacher received feedback to the students which could
be instant or delayed.
II. Distance Learning Divisions
a) Synchronous Delivery Type.
1. In this type of distance learning, the teacher and the students interact with each other instantly.
2. The instant interaction between the teacher and the student is facilitated by use of videoconferencing, audio conferencing and live internet chats.
b) Asynchronous Delivery Type.
1. In this type of distance learning, the interaction between the teacher and the students is not instant.
2. The delayed interaction between the teachers and the students is facilitated by use of video tapes, audio tapes, radio, email and CD-Rom. ...Show more