Please boost your Plan to download papers
Report on the test runs and pilot experiments on a carbon capture plant - Literature review Example
This current paper is a report on the test runs and pilot experiments on a carbon capture plant. The project uses a 15% MEA (monoethanolamine) solution as the absorbing liquid and a packed column, which is operating in a counter current configuration…
This project focuses on the physical absorption of carbon dioxide. The objectives of the project are as follows:
1. Understand the basic processes occurring in the plant for separating carbon dioxide from nitrogen
2. Become familiar with the plant (hardware, instrumentation and control systems).
3. Be able to prepare start-up and shut down instructions for operating the plant in a safe and efficient manner, taking into account that during transient conditions chemical plants are less safe than when they operate at steady state.
4. Develop an understanding of the relevant theory behind the operation of the pilot plant, e.g. Use of principles of heat transfer, mass transfer, and gas-liquid equilibrium.
5. Understand the effect of controllable system parameters on plant performance; and how to measure, control, and evaluate performance. Be able to plan a set of relevant experimental runs to collect the required data.
6. Analyse and present experimental data in a clear, concise and coherent form in the form of a brief individual report.
7. Work effectively and efficiently in a group to achieve a complex goal.
In order for the success of the entire project, there were safety precautions that had to be adhered to; these are COMPULSORY safety precautions. The emphasis on the safety precautions is because there is a steam present in the plant and there are other potential dangers too, in the Pilot Plant Area. The paper presents the protection had to be worn at all times.