CORPORATE RESEARCH PAPER about US airways

CORPORATE RESEARCH PAPER about US airways Research Paper example
Undergraduate
Research Paper
Finance & Accounting
Pages 5 (1255 words)
Download 0
CORPORATE RESEARCH PAPER ABOUT US AIRWAYS A. Introduction US Airways is one of the major airlines operating in United States and it is owned by the US Airways Group. The company has extensive domestic and international reach that includes over 198 destinations throughout Europe, Canada, South America, North America, Mexico, the Middle East, and Europe…

Introduction

The company’s maximum frequency is between New York, Boston and Washington D.C., where it provides hourly services. In order to diversify their operations internationally, the US Airlines decided to merge with American Airlines in February 2013. From the research it was found that if the merger is successful then it has the potential to create the largest airline in the world in terms of global market access. The deal is expected to close by the end of third quarter this year. The key shareholding pattern of the merger is that US Airways would hold 28% stake of merged company where as the American Airlines will hold the remaining 72%. It was also decided between the shareholders’ of both the companies that the merged entity would carry the name and brand of American Airlines and the holding company will be named American Airlines Group Inc. The airline company has reported operating income over USD 425 million for the year ending 2011, with net income over USD 71 million. The total asset of the company was found to be USD 8.34 billion for the year ending 2011. The subsidiaries of US Airways are Piedmont Airlines, Inc., Shuttle inc., PSA Airlines, Inc., US Airways Express, Material Service Company, Inc., Airways Assurance Limited, LLC, Mesa Air Group, and Potomac Air, Inc. ...
Download paper
Not exactly what you need?

Related papers

Corporate Foreign Tax Credit Situation in the US
These sub-topics are very relevant to the research paper on the above mentioned topic. It is important to note that the paper has comprehensively discussed these topics in order to paint a clear picture in relation to corporation taxation- foreign tax credit. Introduction According to About.com (1) corporation tax is the type of tax that is taxable on profits and capital gains which are taxable on…
Finance and Accounting Research Paper: Corporate Financial Scandals
At a point Enron was one of the seventh largest corporations in The United States. Enron was a shining star on Wall Street, and from 1996 to the early 2000’s it was named America’s “Best Managed and Most Innovative Company” by Fortune Magazine. The scandal was revealed in October 2001 and lead to the bankruptcy of Enron Corporation; which sent.

You may also…
Strategic Corporate Finance. All about IPOs
Another option is to raise capital from the public. A corporation is a legal entity separate from the lives of its owners and if conditions are favorable, it can raise capital through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the equity market or alternatively through issuing bonds in the debt market. Obviously the public response would depend on the viability of the company, its future prospects and…
insurance research paper about the real estate development industry
UAE Insurance Regulations 9 9.0 Topic 8. Economic Crisis Affected the Insurance Companies 10 Works Cited 11 This report will try to throw some light on real estate industry of Dubai the second largest emirate in UAE. Dubai has international reputation due to its cosmopolitan nature, multi cultural society, excellent infrastructure, stable political environment and last but not the least the city…
Corporate research paper "multinational finance"
Its fleets are the most fuel-efficient among all the US network carriers. It has ten most advantageous central locations in the four largest cities in the US (UAL, Factsheet 1). The overseas subsidiaries of UAL are United Express, Ted, Continental Express and Continental Connection carriers. United Express and Ted are premium and low-cost subsidiaries of UAL. With these two subsidiaries, UAL…
Research paper.
Some misrepresentations however aim at esteeming an organization’s financial position to present a better image to stakeholders. I, in this paper, review cases of accounting fraud. Worthen reports a claim by Hewlett Packard that Autonomy, a United Kingdom based company that it acquired two years ago, had misrepresented its financial position to the harm of Hewlett Packard. Hewlett Packard…
CORPORATE RESEARCH PAPER - Company: IBM
Recently, the firm has started its operations in Ghana, Nigeria, Angola, Kenya, Senegal and Tanzania in Africa. It has investments in training units, data centers, offices and other amenities. IBM has now extended its branches further in Latin America, Asia and Eastern Europe by establishing research labs worldwide. Brazil is another country that IBM has expanded its business operations to, and…